Does these cards mean "rape"?

willowfox

10 swords/ Empress

I think the woman is throughly depressed and unhappy in the relationship, she is probably hoping it will be over soon.

WalesWoman

instead of rape, what about an unwanted, unplanned pregnancy?

Amalthea_In_Fla

I might read this as the person plays a caregiver/nurturer role in the relationship (may tend towards enabling, depending on the other cards in the spread) and is attracted to partners that seem (act) "helpless." I often get 10 of swords when there is a problem with addictive behavior/drugs that has gotten out of control (i.e., person has lost job, no longer functioning, etc.)

However, sometimes the 10 of swords is hopeful (or as hopeful as swords can be) in that resources/support are available to the person if they will recognize/acknowledge it.

franniee

WalesWoman said:
instead of rape, what about an unwanted, unplanned pregnancy?

or a miscarriage or an abortion....

and deep saddness over it

but I don't see rape with this combo..... I would think the chariot and devil or something of that sort.... just my thoughts...

SaintOfScreams

My two cents...

Now was that the first thing that flashed to your mind? Then if so, you may have found something...

But have you pulled any other cards to clarify? Because you may be able to tell by surrounding cards...

If you choose to talk to the person about this(and I'm not saying this may or may not be the best thing, but if you do), be sure to in a respectful, non- confrontational way. The ideal of reading for others is to start a dialogue, not to shut them off.

I'd phrase it like "Did something traumatic happen?"

NOT, I repeat NOT, "You were raped!"

floracove

BLFO said:
10 Swords and Empress...victimization of womanhood?

I'd say, this person felt a very distressful and heart rendering experience, and that more than likely they suffer terribly because of the episode. There is some deep betrayal. However, the Empress, is very apt to getting over it, whatever it may be, so perhaps it is time to get on with it, or let it go. More than likely the very best to let go and put as much distance between the other and self.

Tomorrow is another day...

Anthonyt3

My feeling also is they could mean someone whose experienced a trauma and is feeling burdened, upset, but they have the inner fortitude and courage to carry on. They will slowly recover. God bless them!

I'd concur that the cards don't necessarily mean rape.

Open Arms

I would think trauma of some kind but not rape - maybe miscarriage or stillbirth.

Deep pain yes..but not rape.

Anthonyt3

Like perhaps a pain relating to a loved one. A loss, maybe, or a sad event.

Perhaps also emotional exhaustion and despair - but as I mentioned, the strength to go on.

Kiata

I would like to add a suggestion.

To me the following cards would describe such an event:

Ace Wands / Devil/ Strength reversed/ Tower

When I saw strength reversed, the biest on top of the girl, it gave me a shiver and made clear sense.