Does these cards mean "rape"?

AJ

could be a drama queen in full tilt. Some folks thrive on chaos and woe is me.

Grizabella

I think this could indicate a woman who is enduring more of the negatives of a relationship than she normally would have because she's pregnant or already has a man's child/children or both. The pain outweighs the gain but she mistakenly thinks the children will benefit if she hangs in there instead of ending it.

On giving it more thought, it means something has ended, and with Swords being things of the intellect, it could mean the woman has quit thinking about it and already chosen her mate----her Emporer. Or has maybe tripped blindly over rational thinking and just catapulted on into a relationship. Kind of like submitting to love/lust at first thought, I guess you could say. You see a guy, he's hot, and already you've imagined the two of you living in the house with the white picket fence and having his children.

caridwen

10 Swords and Empress...victimization of womanhood?

In answer to the title of this post. It's very difficult to give a combination of cards just one particular meaning.

So in short no, 10 of Swords/Empress does not mean rape.

However, it really depends on the situation. I know this explanation is very wooly but it's such a personal situation and would depend on so many things relating to that person and that incident.

I would put the Tower in there for violence, possibly King of Swords and I have some other cards in mind but given just those two cards - no.

canid

Kiata, I think you have interpretation goin' on...of course there could be others, depending on surrounding cards, but still, this one boggled my mind & your take makes perfect sense...have you thought about joining any reading circles? Your reference to 'clear sense' resonated = Clairsentience = Clear Sense.

I would like to add a suggestion.

To me the following cards would describe such an event:

Ace Wands / Devil/ Strength reversed/ Tower

When I saw strength reversed, the biest on top of the girl, it gave me a shiver and made clear sense.

Hlb9525

2 cents from a "newby"....

This was for a romantic relationship. So I thought it had to deal with date rape.

I would translate these cards as a relationship on the rocks. It has reached its lowest point, rock bottom, it cannot get any worse. But they both show hope. Rock bottom is as bad as it gets, it has to get better. To me, the Empress enforces this. She is nurturing, abundance, mothering and life.
I would say that an improved and possibly even a better relationship is on the horizon, although not without some work.

I do have to say though. I am very new to tarot (less than 4 months) and could easily misinterpret.

HLB

Kiata

Canid, thank you very much for your suggestion.

As I am new to the site I do not know much about the reading circles. Would you have a suggestion?

Clairsentience also was a new word to me ; )

moonblossom

I myself had an unfortunate encounter. My post experience reading - my prominent cards were ten wands, devil, knight pent reversed, three swords, tower.

Thirteen

10 Swords and Empress...victimization of womanhood?
No. 5/Swords and 7/Swords is victimization. Taking advantage of someone, stealing from them. 10/Swords is just shutting them up. This is certainly abuse of womanhood, but more in line with silencing a woman who is usually in control and therefore likely speaks her mind. I know we think of rape when it comes to men trying to take away female power, but many rape victims speak up and keep their power. This is verbal harassment and threats to the point where the woman who was speaking out and standing up for others ceases to do so.

Especially if it is aimed at a mother and the threats are to her children. And I agree that it is more likely a stillborn or miscarriage than an unwanted child. If the Empress was reversed (no swords needed) that might signal an unwanted pregnancy. This is just a wanted pregnancy unexpectedly and to the mother's great sadness, ended.

Tiggy-cat

The 8 of swords looks much more like rape to me.

Yes, Devil, 8 of Swords and Tower were my thoughts as well. Feeling powerless and terrorized = 8 of Swords.