My Tarot Dolls

Winterchild

Cats and Crows

I do make them to order..... Corcel and Enyalassa are sold... I still have O'Malley but I love making them..they all have their own personalities and my son name's them..... I dont want to break rules here and not sure if they would be classed as Tarot related....but you can PM me for my website.

Mods if this is out of order please remove and my apologies.....

tarotbear

I would say that any dolls with a Tarot, magickal, mystical or occult connection are welcome in this thread.

Has anyone made a doll that is specifically a character in a Tarot card?

Barleywine

I make magical mystical messenger Crows and Cats....!!!

These three are Corcel, Enyalassa and O'Malley

Fascinating! Put some planetary or other magical sigils/symbols on them instead of (or in addition to) hearts, consecrate them in some way, and I could see them being used as household "wards." Especially the cat. There is something really "primal" about them, reminds me of Incan or Egyptian sculpture.

SagiChar

These dolls are so amazing...I've never heard or seen such a thing before!!! Of course, I'm in the boondocks, so it really doesn't surprise me...but, WOW...you've opened my eyes to something new...great stuff you guys!!! :thumbsup:

Glitterbird

Wow!! - Winterchild your dolls are wonderfull!

nisaba

I have a few 'Tarot Dolls' in my collection - do you? Dolls that either are 'dressed' as gypsies and/or carry a Tarot deck, too?

That gave me an idea. I have a friend who crochets amazing things: in the last two months she's done a birthing doll (complete with removable baby and afterbirth), a Venus of Willendorf, and a pickled foetus, all of which are lovely.

Wouldn't it be great if I could get her to do all the "characters" out of - say - the Major Arcana and Courts!

Winterchild

Crochet Dolls

I would love to see these Nisaba..... ! I love that method of crochet where they make monsters etc... cant remember what its called but it looks complicated!

Winterchild

Symbols

Fascinating! Put some planetary or other magical sigils/symbols on them instead of (or in addition to) hearts, consecrate them in some way, and I could see them being used as household "wards." Especially the cat. There is something really "primal" about them, reminds me of Incan or Egyptian sculpture.

Thanks BW and Glitterbird.... I have made them with symbols on, and they have been commisioned to ward off baddies.... I have also made special ones to actually protect the *weird* spirits!
Yes I can see what you mean about the Incan/Egyptian thing... these dolls kind of make themselves really I guess....

lovehalo

Those dolls are awesome. My aunt used to make dolls. Really good ones too. I wish I would have learned more from her. She wanted to teach me. She passed away just some months ago.
I would like to learn how to make dolls someday like that too. I think they are very interesting. But one of my favorite things she made were these candle holders .... and they where like houses on a mountain top. And they were so cool!

Winterchild

Nina*'s Crow Doll :)

I am so excited... I have finished a special magical Crow Doll for Nina*....... Had to share.... I used magical and astrological symbols too on this dude. He is the wildest crow I have made yet I think... the pics don't really do him justice, but gives you an idea.
He is undergoing his naming ceremony with my son at the moment... Boo, my son is the namer of Crows.

These guys definitely make good readers too.

Attachments

• IMG_5127.jpg
    IMG_5127.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5129.jpg
    IMG_5129.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5140.jpg
    IMG_5140.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5135.jpg
    IMG_5135.jpg