Personally meaningful cards?

HallowedNight

I've been noticing recently that I've really started to connect with certain cards, and they've started to carry greater meaning for me. For example, Temperance in the Wild Unknown has really stood out to me and kind of been a model for my life recently (and, incidentally, Temperance is the name of one of my favorite and most relatable characters in one of my favorite shows). I usually have my Wild Unknown on my bedside table at night with Temperance face up, just to remind myself to keep myself balanced and to take time to recuperate after a long day.

Does anyone else have a certain card, maybe even in a certain deck, that just really means a lot to you? Maybe the artwork really resonates with you, or it came up in a spread and really struck a chord. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one! :^P

Tigerangel

I do aswell, it's the Ace of Wands in my Shadowscapes deck, it has always caught my attention from the first moment I opened the shrink wrap on the deck, it reminds me to passionate about creativity, it's the Lovers in my Cosmic Tarot, ,The Queen of Swords in Shaman Tarot and the High Priestess in my Crows Magick, I think with all my decks even my Orcales aswell, there's one card that always stands out and that card will always seem clear with it's message for me.

vulpixel

The Queen of Wands in the Manga Tarot deck is one I feel a big connection with. Even when I show people who know I read and they ask me what my favourite card is, they immediately say they can see the resemblance between us [emoji4] I just feel such a strong and empowering energy from it, it's lovely.

HallowedNight

I do aswell, it's the Ace of Wands in my Shadowscapes deck, it has always caught my attention from the first moment I opened the shrink wrap on the deck, it reminds me to passionate about creativity, it's the Lovers in my Cosmic Tarot, ,The Queen of Swords in Shaman Tarot and the High Priestess in my Crows Magick, I think with all my decks even my Orcales aswell, there's one card that always stands out and that card will always seem clear with it's message for me.

I wonder if this is true for everyone or every deck. It'd be interesting to see if people have similar or different cards!

Come to think of it, I have cards with all my other decks as well... I wasn't thinking about them when I made the post, but now I'm realizing! For my Fantastical Creatures it's probably the King of Pentacles, Deviant Moon would be the Ace of Pentacles, and my Llewellyn is the Fool, even though I've never even used that deck (it's still all in order from the package). That card just speaks to me anyway.

The Queen of Wands in the Manga Tarot deck is one I feel a big connection with. Even when I show people who know I read and they ask me what my favourite card is, they immediately say they can see the resemblance between us [emoji4] I just feel such a strong and empowering energy from it, it's lovely.

My (online) friends group always compares one of our friends to the QoW as well! It's a great card to be compared to, I think. :^P

Lucas Prince of Cats

For me, it's trhe mpress and the moon.

Teyata

The trumps X. Fortune and XIV. Sun from the Rider-Waite Smith deck carry a great deal of meaning for me. I could spend hours thinking about these two cards!

The 3 figures surrounding the wheel in the Wheel of Fortune card "spoke" (not literally) at great length with me, which I recorded in my journal. The four figures in the clouds, on the other hand, were too busy recording to say much of anything! This card told me to take responsibility for my actions, to contemplate the web that all beings weave simultaneously (see Indra's Net), and to "stop the wheel" and stand in the center away from the storm of my emotions and thoughts which threaten to toss me about moment to moment.

While journeying in the Sun card, I had a very intense experience where image became a sea of pure light that I floated within. My identity was enfolded and I felt the complete love and radiance of God. It's hard to put into words but the feeling has stayed with me.

Neither of them come up in spreads with any special frequency.

yannie

The High Priestess, because she's my birth card and the relevance is mindblowing.

Alta

It would be cards that correspond with my life at the moment. Right now it is 9 of pents, because I am rather solitary but happy. When I was working the 3 and 8 of pents resonated for example.

canid

9 of Pents here too.

HallowedNight

The High Priestess, because she's my birth card and the relevance is mindblowing.

You know, I don't think about my birth card often (it's the Emperor), but it does fit me pretty well. I should probably do more study on it, maybe I would connect better now that I finally have a deck I really understand. :)

It would be cards that correspond with my life at the moment. Right now it is 9 of pents, because I am rather solitary but happy. When I was working the 3 and 8 of pents resonated for example.

9 of Pents here too.

Nice! I usually see the 9oP as having to do with a happy family life, but that might just be how I interpret it with my Wild Unknown. Though friends are often considered family too! Or maybe just one person can be considered a happy family. Either way, being happy is always good!