Personally meaningful cards?

Madrigal

In the Minors, Six of Swords and Nine of Pentacles are my faves. I think the Six of Swords in the Illuminati is my all-time favorite depiction. The Nine of Pents in Moore and Fell's Steampunk Tarot is pretty wonderful.

For Majors, right now The Star has captivated me. The Spiral Tarot's Star card is a current favorite. Ancestral Path Star card is rather nice, too.

Lucas Prince of Cats

wow, many high priestesses! XD

SashaCY

My one card is The Hermit, for me is my guides, it means being guided from high above so when I get it or see it I just know that who is watching over me wants me to know I'm not alone.
I know that is not the official meaning but that is what it means for me.
Also I'm rather a hermit myself so I feel absolutely identified.

In the Arthurian deck I loved the emperor because well I love king Arthur. As in I just had that deck for that one card. So I still love the emperor in other decks because it reminds me of him.

And I love the lovers. I can watch the lovers all the time. Fill my heart with joy to see that card

SashaCY

I wonder if this is true for everyone or every deck. It'd be interesting to see if people have similar or different cards!

Come to think of it, I have cards with all my other decks as well... I wasn't thinking about them when I made the post, but now I'm realizing! For my Fantastical Creatures it's probably the King of Pentacles, Deviant Moon would be the Ace of Pentacles, and my Llewellyn is the Fool, even though I've never even used that deck (it's still all in order from the package). That card just speaks to me anyway.

My (online) friends group always compares one of our friends to the QoW as well! It's a great card to be compared to, I think. :^P
Yes... Absolutely every deck has that card (or some) that become particularly meaningful and attractive for me. And it varies from deck to deck.
I love that

mothcloth

for majors, the empress has become very important to me (as in i've started to dream about meeting her, sitting in her field, based on the rider waite deck).

the tower is a card that hits very close to home and is one card that frequently visits me in readings. i adore it for reminding me that things can change, that i am able to change.

for minors, the swords really speak to me, especially VIII and X.

chevalierduchangemen

I really love the Ace of Wands from Paulina Cassidy's Joie de Vivre Tarot. The image is so powerful, it's a beautiful representation of the magical creativity we got in ourselves. It's also the first image that I used for pathworking, and the result were pretty interesting.

A meaningful card is sometimes a card we don't really like, but that grows on you. It's my experience with some cards from The Oracle's Tarot (Lucy Cavendish), which was my first deck. The Three of Swords, talking about an unexpected revelation, was something that was really difficult for me to appreciate. Now I've learned to accept that one cannot foresee everything, and that sometimes life got surprises, good and bad. Learning this lesson, which I'm still learning, has been a great challenge.

But there are so much more! Devil (from all my decks), is always an important one. And the Ermit is always an image I look up to. The representation of this one can break or make the deck, for me.

Padma

I wonder if this is true for everyone or every deck. It'd be interesting to see if people have similar or different cards!

Come to think of it, I have cards with all my other decks as well... I wasn't thinking about them when I made the post, but now I'm realizing! For my Fantastical Creatures it's probably the King of Pentacles, Deviant Moon would be the Ace of Pentacles, and my Llewellyn is the Fool, even though I've never even used that deck (it's still all in order from the package). That card just speaks to me anyway

I agree - every deck has a particular (and often different!) card that triggers feelings of association....!

Robby F.

I have the Hierophant from the Morgan-Greer framed and displayed in my office at work.

FernSpirit

I love the hanged man from the Druidcraft Tarot. It`s the card that made me buy the deck in the first place. Can`t really explain it, lol.

I bought the Spiral tarot because I loved the Star card. I had no idea that the deck had those crazy borders, on all the cards I saw online they had left the border out of the photo/scan. I was so disappointed when I got the deck. Had to take out my scissors and now I feel better about them (not great, but better)

Usually it`s the star and the hanged man I love the most in a deck, but I do have other favourites as well.

Firefly5d

I find The Lovers from the Gilded Tarot to be an incredibly sensual card, as is the Star from the same deck.

The 9 of Pentacles often pops up to represent me at this time in my life - solitary (and trying to like it), and independent. I'm another rare one that really likes the Tower. It means a brand new chapter of my life is about to start and that's always exciting, if nerve-wracking. I just don't want to see it so often that it becomes my significator LOL - that's TOO much drama.

I'm probably most like the Queen of Cups. Not in the sentimental sense, but in her intuitive and compassionate aspects. She pops up more frequently than most in my self-readings.