Question about Crystal Balls

thinbuddha

I prefer the inclusions of a natural crystal ball, though it is obviously not necessary for everyone. For me, it is much like watching the clouds change shape (and believe it or not, the inclusions *do* appear to move when I am scrying). It is simply amazing- it is a bit like a dream in that I can't really interpret anything based on the shapes I see, but it is wonderful and meditative all the same when I can do it. My best luck has been late at night with only small amounts of light. I haven't tried candlelight, but I suspect it would work well for the method that I've had success with.

-tb

mystere2e

stella01904 said:
Best books on the subject:
Crystal-Gazing by Theodore Besterman
Crystal Vision Through Crystal Gazing by Frater Achad
Crystal Gazing and Clairvoyance by John Melville

FYI, all three of these books are available from Google Books. You can view a limited preview of each of them.

You should also look these up on Google Books because they are available in their entirety for free...

Crystal Gazing, Its History and Practice: With a Discussion of the Evidence ... By Northcote Whitridge Thomas, Andrew Lang

and

The Curious Lore of Precious Stones By George Frederick Kunz

stella01904

mystere2e said:
You should also look these up on Google Books because they are available in their entirety for free...

Crystal Gazing, Its History and Practice: With a Discussion of the Evidence ... By Northcote Whitridge Thomas, Andrew Lang
Hmmm, Andrew Lang, one of the old SPR crowd! Thanks!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lang

Waterfaery

Does anybody have any personal tips for brain training with the crystal ball? I get focused and get started pretty well, but as soon as I notice that it's doing something I lose it! It's frustrating me no end lol.

stella01904

Waterfaery said:
Does anybody have any personal tips for brain training with the crystal ball? I get focused and get started pretty well, but as soon as I notice that it's doing something I lose it! It's frustrating me no end lol.
Just to sit every day and gaze. When your mind starts to wander, and it will, direct your attention back to the crystal. If you "lose it" when you start to see things, just tell yourself that next time will be better and keep practicing. Short practice periods are best - 15 or 20 minutes. Don't sit for more than a half hour, especially when you are still learning. It's fatiguing, and you are trying to learn to get results quickly, after all.

Enjoy! And let us know how things progress.

mystere2e

Me too!

I will also be training myself to scry, once my crystal arrives. I look forward to posting my results/progress as well. :)

Violetgems

mystere2e said:

ONly to post to say...how utterly beautiful is that sphere?! Divine. I could get stuff off of her just by looking at the photo. Just breathtaking. <3 Thank you. :)

elenamhs

I wanted to say that when I scry successfully, I am not exactly seeing things in the crystal, though that can happen too, rather it is as though images project across my forehead or sort of appear on an internal screen in my mind. It's as though I am in a reverie and just pay attention to what comes. This can come in images such as animals, birds or wise folk, or images like boats on water, or other situations like that. These things are symbols which then are for me to interpret according to my own internal reference.

However, there are books on symbols which can be helpful to read before hand to sort of prepare my mind to speak a language of symbols.

Best wishes,

elenamhs

I also wanted to tell you about a large gazing crystal which I once saw. It was a large smoky or slightly yellowish quartz with MANY inclusions. It wasn't round at all, and was maybe 1 1/2 feet wide, with one side polished and rounded. It was extremely powerful and old. All the "dirty" inclusions really added to the organic nature of this being. The inclusions did not interfere with anything like I thought they would. [The balls which I have are very clear because I thought they needed to be.]

I would love one of those! It's one of those things you dream about owning. Maybe some day...

Best wishes,