Question about Crystal Balls

Waterfaery

Oh wouldn't a crystal like that smoky quartz be a beautiful addition to your tools?? Wow! I started with a leaded glass one since they were cheaper, figuring if I could learn to use it I would add another one later on. I've seen some of the most stunning pieces in gem shops and Wiccan catalogs. There's an amethyst ball with large inclusions at our local shop that I would kill for! But alas, it's nearly $400!!

Update on my personal progress: the crystal begins to get misty or smoky looking, my eyes move and I lose it. I think my problem is all those years of sitting outside in the woods just watching nature. I trained myself to watch for the slightest movement, even of shadows, so I wouldn't miss any of the creatures I was there to study. I think it's become so ingrained that I can't just sit and stare without moving my eyes lol. I also seem to have better luck looking at the wall just above the crystal rather than at the crystal itself. Maybe since it's in my peripheral vision my subconscious has more control over what is shown there?

7 months to get this far, but it is progress lol. Good luck to my fellow scryers!

stella01904

Waterfaery said:
Update on my personal progress: the crystal begins to get misty or smoky looking, my eyes move and I lose it. I think my problem is all those years of sitting outside in the woods just watching nature. I trained myself to watch for the slightest movement, even of shadows, so I wouldn't miss any of the creatures I was there to study. I think it's become so ingrained that I can't just sit and stare without moving my eyes lol.
It's natural for your eyes to follow movement to some extent. You just gaze naturally into the crystal, blink as much as you want, relax. Don't force a hard stare.
I also seem to have better luck looking at the wall just above the crystal rather than at the crystal itself. Maybe since it's in my peripheral vision my subconscious has more control over what is shown there?
I get a lot of stuff going on around and outside the crystal as well. Acknowledge it and let it pass. Keep directing your attention to the crystal.

Has it gone black yet?

Alta

Hi all,

This is entering a tricky divide now. Crystals & Herbs Forum is for the discussion of properties and uses of crystals and herbs. And, yes, scrying is a use. And, you could discuss which ones were best, your experiences in choosing and opinions on types of crystal balls, post pictures of yours, discuss whether inclusions are better than purely clear, etc. for scrying.

But, when you get to scrying techniques and scrying observations, a new thread in Divination would be best. And I think we have gotten there. Feel free to post the link to the new thread here though so those following on this section can find it easily.

Alta,
Moderator, Crystals & Herbs