Tarot Kurmay

strings of life

rwcarter said:
Your cards were shrinkwrapped? Interesting, cause mine were held together with a rubber band. Were they in any kind of order or random?

Hopefully my replacement cards will be here in the next week or so.

Glad your set arrived safely though. If only decks could talk. I'm sure yours would have quite the story to tell! :laugh:

Rodney
The wooden box was shrink wrapped/wrapped in plastic; I'll edit my post to clarify that. And, I had to work to get to the deck:

- bizarre blue plastic security bag
- cardboard box #1
- cardboard box # 2

The above made for the most interesting and memorable deck receiving project ever :thumbsup:.

My cards were held by a rubber band with the same an product insert that resembled a bookmark. They were in no order whatsoever. The first thing I did was create piles by suit and Majors and put them in order, fearing that I was missing a card or 2.

I should have taken a photo of the blue bag, wait, I will (see attached)! I wanted to add that said blue bag is about 4 feet in size :laugh:.

Attachments

• best-deck-travel-package-ever.jpg
    best-deck-travel-package-ever.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 120

rwcarter

re the blue bag: :bugeyed: :laugh: I'd guess either the box was damaged or the package was inspected. But if it's the latter, I doubt that a little shrinkwrap would've deterred security from opening the box and I doubt even more that security would've re-shrinkwrapped anything.

I can't swear that my box was also shrinkwrapped (I honestly don't remember), but the box wasn't opened and if it hadn't been shrinkwrapped, then with all the jostling, I'm sure the top would've separated from the bottom. So it must've been shrinkwrapped.

I sorted my cards the same way you did.

Rodney

moderndayruth

Aurarcana, so glad your deck's odyssey had the happy ending! Ha, guess now i can say... i told you you'll love it!!! :D
Oh and that bag is... :bugeyed: :laugh:

Rodney, hope your replacement cards arrive soon!

strings of life

rwcarter said:
re the blue bag: :bugeyed: :laugh: I'd guess either the box was damaged or the package was inspected. But if it's the latter, I doubt that a little shrinkwrap would've deterred security from opening the box and I doubt even more that security would've re-shrinkwrapped anything.
I am inclined to to think that it was inspected and re-taped. I noticed 2 colors of tape on the outer cardboard box: orange and brown. Then, there was the other cardboard box that was taped with just brown tape, and the actual Kurmay Tarot wooden box was wrapped securely in bubble wrap with the invoice inside. Perhaps they opened both cardboard boxes, saw the invoice and that reflected what the contents was? Regardless, the whole thing is just too funny :D.

moderndayruth said:
Aurarcana, so glad your deck's odyssey had the happy ending! Ha, guess now i can say... i told you you'll love it!!! :D
Oh and that bag is... :bugeyed: :laugh:
I do. It's a keeper for sure! I love the cream colors, the fact that it has no borders, the corner detailing that frames the card like an older, Victorian era deck, and the artwork, which is like viewing an artist's actual sketchbook.

Adventures in Tarot. Love it!

Xarokys

Woo hoo!

Mine came today! I had given up hope after first receiving an email that said they had shipped on March 23, and then another right after saying my order was canceled. :confused: It's a wonderful deck and the wooden box is amazing. It came in a cardboard box held together with red tape, and then some weird cardboard packing material then the deck box in bubble wrap. The deck inside was held together with a rubber band.

I counted the cards and had 78, but after putting them in order I discovered there were two 8 of Swords and no 10 of Cups. So I guess I will also be contacting the seller for a replacement card. In spite of this,I really love the deck and am glad I got it.

Manda

Mine came today. What a relief! My box looked like auracana's too. :D I am actually relieved I had seen that photo, or I might have been nervous.

My cards were rubberbanded inside the wooden box, also in no order at all, but all there, in good condition. A cunning little bookmark with card images on it was included.

All in all, I am pleased. I paid for it quite some time ago, and it was dispatched on March 23, but I was just thinking how AT must create demand for decks no one knew of before, and this seller must have been inundated.

rwcarter

My replacements arrived today. They sent me an entire second deck (without the box or bookmark). :bugeyed:

All the cards were there and then some. There were duplicate Temperance cards in the replacement deck. There were some very minor lamination issues with the replacement deck.

Rodney

moderndayruth

Guys, i am so glad your decks arrived! Hope you too will receive replacements as soon as possibe!

Manda said:
All in all, I am pleased. I paid for it quite some time ago, and it was dispatched on March 23, but I was just thinking how AT must create demand for decks no one knew of before, and this seller must have been inundated.
Manda, i think you are right! On the day when Rodney's deck arrived - not knowing it did, i did a reading to see what was going on, here is a part of it:
moderndayruth said:
Now: PoP
I think they are not very experienced in trading with other countries, its as if this is all new to them.
(As a side note - there was the Chariot in pos. of outcome and i did interpret it "As if its travelling and hopefully will be there soon!" ;))
I think the seller is at loss (financially) with these orders, but maybe these orders are positive for their marketing or the artist is their friend - who knows.
As Aurarcana says "Adventures in Tarot." :)

strings of life

Manda, I am glad I posted the photos then ;). rwcarter, your replacement came quite quickly.

This is a great reading deck. I've been cheating on my Tarot of the Crone with it...