Tarot Kurmay

tarot heart

I received my deck today too. I did not have any missing cards, but my deck definitely has lamination problems on 4 cards. Nothing major, just a little annoying. The box arrived in one piece. The top cover has the picture of a hand about to deal a card and it says "Tarot 78 Kart & Kitap" I like the cover a lot. The box is sort of rustic and very heavy. The book appear well made but I can't read Turkish either. Aside from the lamination issues the deck is very unique. For the price I'm very satisfied with it.

Manda

Bummer about the issues, folks. Hopefully it can be resolved, because the images remain lovely. Still no word on mine.

rwcarter

Well, I must say I got a quick response to my email about the issues with the cards. Replacement cards should be dispatched within 2-3 days. At least I'm assuming that "I will send a replacement copy to you this week." means the cards with problems and not a whole 'nother deck....

Rodney

Wendywu

Despite the problems I'm pleased the deck is arriving :) I shall await the postman with added interest.... (and keep my fingers crossed that I get no duplicates and no lamination issues)

kwaw

tarot heart said:
I received my deck today too. I did not have any missing cards, but my deck definitely has lamination problems on 4 cards. Nothing major, just a little annoying. The box arrived in one piece. The top cover has the picture of a hand about to deal a card and it says "Tarot 78 Kart & Kitap" I like the cover a lot. The box is sort of rustic and very heavy. The book appear well made but I can't read Turkish either. Aside from the lamination issues the deck is very unique. For the price I'm very satisfied with it.

When I first got my deck I thought there were several cards missing, in fact some were stuck together; the tendency for the cards to stick was solved with talcing and much shuffling.

Wendywu

My deck arrived while I was at work :) It has the lovely box, and all my cards were present. The tiny lamination flaw in one card is not enough for me to ask for a replacement. I have been lucky.

I think the seller was extremely honourable. The packing and despatch slip enclosed with my deck shows that it came from an English seller at a price that was greater than I paid. I think Turkish Books must have run out of copies and been sourcing them wherever they could find them to fulfil their transactions. I know they made a loss on my transaction. I think very highly of them for this - and now realise that the delay in despatch occurred whilst they tracked down other copies of the deck.

rwcarter

I'm forwarding the following request on behalf of a seller that has been mentioned in this thread. If this does not apply to you, please ignore.

If your email domain is sbcglobal.net and you've placed an order for this deck, please contact the seller. They're trying to get a hold of you.

moonmorgan

Now i'm kicking myself!

Been dithering for about a week over this deck. Now I've finally decided to order one, there doesn't seem to be any available on Turkishbooks. Damn! damn! damn! That'll teach me to hang about. Grrrrrr!!!!!

strings of life

Mine arrived this morning, and the package on my porch was quite suspect looking :laugh:! There was a huge plastic bag with the words "Security" on it, that had plastic ties on top of it, tagged with flight information from England to JFK (one of the nearest airports by me). My boyfriend chimed in that the poor post lady must hate me, ha!

Once I opened the blue bag, a completely taped up box, and a secondary cardboard box, there was my Tarot Kurmay. It was brand new, the wooden box shhrink wrapped and sealed in plastic wrapping. The wooden box the cards and book came in is gorgeous.

The cards themselves were held by a rubber band with the same an product insert that resembled a bookmark. They were in no order whatsoever. I counted and separated all of my cards, and all are there. One card is slightly damaged, but it's barely noticeable, and my cards didn't stick together, despite the lamination. In fact, they appear that they will shuffle quite well. I am going to sand down the edges too!

And the cards? I love them. It's one of the most stunning RWS style clones I own and am so thrilled to own it. The drawings are amazing. This is going to become one of my main reading decks.

photokat, thank you for posting this thread :D!

Wendywu said:
I think the seller was extremely honourable. The packing and despatch slip enclosed with my deck shows that it came from an English seller at a price that was greater than I paid. I think Turkish Books must have run out of copies and been sourcing them wherever they could find them to fulfil their transactions. I know they made a loss on my transaction. I think very highly of them for this - and now realise that the delay in despatch occurred whilst they tracked down other copies of the deck.
My deck was priced much more than what I paid for it too ($27 with shipping if I am not mistaken).

It took almost 2 months to get here, but it was so worth it!

Bernice said:
Seems to be on sale here, no pics aside from the back - or box lid?:

http://www.tulumba.com/storeitem.asp?ic=zBK970774SW328

and here:

http://www.turkishbooks.com/multipleadd.php?S_ID=BJ140J2U876KRIP439LC (Set: GBP £15.23 / EUR 17,41) No pics....

Keeps appearing on turkish websites close to the words "Da Vinci". Maybe an alphabetical thing, or do the cards look a bit like the Da Vinci tarot?

Bee
I thank you the most for providing us with the link to buy this from...

rwcarter

aurarcana said:
Once I opened the blue bag, a completely taped up box, and a secondary box, there was my Tarot Kurmay. It was brand new, still in the plastic wrapping. The wooden box the cards and book came in is gorgeous.
Your cards were shrinkwrapped? Interesting, cause mine were held together with a rubber band. Were they in any kind of order or random?

Hopefully my replacement cards will be here in the next week or so.

Glad your set arrived safely though. If only decks could talk. I'm sure yours would have quite the story to tell! :laugh:

Rodney