Top 10 Decks published in 2012

Metafizzypop

I think it's hard to pick just one "best" deck for the year because different decks succeed in different ways. For sheer artistry, I'd say the Daniloff wins. The art is incredible. If I were shooting a movie, and I needed to show tarot cards, that's the deck I'd use. On the other hand........

For inventiveness and humor I'd say the Zombies. It's hilarious. It's hard for me to read with it because I'm so busy laughing at the pictures. Then again........

For sheer punk bad attitude in your face, it's the Darkana. Not that that could ever be a category in any contest. But it should be, IMHO.

magpie9

Lisa Chow's Oracle Tarot hands down for me. I Love it.
Steampunk by Moore next for ease of reading and truly excellent book

Really like Incidental, but haven't gotten into it yet, Admire Mary-el, but will probably never get into it. On the fence with Silicon Dawn...sharp and fascinating, but is it tarot and you gotta be in the mood.Is it from this year, anyway?

Not a great year for new decks for me....but a very good year for finding offbeat and wonderful decks from years gone by! New to me worlked out well this year! ;)

Why can't I find Wild Unknown in the cards section? I wanna see......

Chiska

I only have a couple of the 2012 decks...

Victorian Romantic 2nd Edition
Pierre Madenié Tarot
Tarot of Stolen Child

Of those.... Pierre Madenié Tarot!

Seriously, I got lots of decks that were new to me, but they were all pre-loved. I won the Pierre Madenié Tarot in a drawing ( thanks EnchantedShadow & le charior!!) and I love it. I keep saying I am looking for THE Tarot de Marseille, and I think this is IT.

Miss Divine

Steampunk (Moore) gets my vote also.

Juliana

Barbara Moore really hit it out of the park for me this year. Both her Steampunk and her Book of Shadows Vol. 1 stole my heart. I also love the Tarot of the Absurd deck.

Nina*

For me it's either Lisa Chow's Tarot or the Wild Unknown. I THINK the Lisa Chow one is going to win in the end; I adore her art and the cardstock is as fabulous as the Wild Unknown's.

ladybird

It's going to be tough to choose.

Victorian Romantic 2nd has a strong lead

But there is the Wild Unknown, the Silent Tarot, and the Steampunk all which I enjoyed very much!

Zombie Tarot will get an honorable mention from me but not 1st choice.

You all are making me wish to buy the Mary El already. It's been on my wishlist but there always seems to be another deck to buy. Sigh. It's hard for me to buy decks that are difficult to read at first.

Metafizzypop

I just wanted to list a few decks from Gamecrafters that came out, I'm pretty sure, all this year. I don't own any of them, but they deserve to be mentioned here just because......

Fractal Tarot
Tarot of the Wyrd
Chalice Tarot (I think that this is a full 78 card version of a Majors-only deck that came out a few years ago.)

gregory

I just wanted to list a few decks from Gamecrafters that came out, I'm pretty sure, all this year. I don't own any of them, but they deserve to be mentioned here just because......

Fractal Tarot
Tarot of the Wyrd
Chalice Tarot (I think that this is a full 78 card version of a Majors-only deck that came out a few years ago.)

The Chalice is a reworking of the full 78 card deck that a very few people already owned. Lucky me - I was one of them ! But Gamecrafter made rather a mess of it, and the artist isn't happy. I did buy the GC version - but because of their postage policies and charges had it mailed to a mate in the US and I haven't seen it yet...Adam McLean had published the majors only - it sold out fast, as I recall.