• I spread them in a surface and swirl them around

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • I change my shuffling methods, I don't just stick to one

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters

Frannie

*feels envious* lol :D

starrystarrynight

I do a combination of riffling and what Mariana described. (I don't know what you call that style, either!)

missycab

I am a riffler!!!! :D

I'd love to learn more sophisticated methods too... I saw some tutorials on Internet, but I don't have the time now to learn. But I'll learn, some day ;)

Princess Judy

I just do the 'just shuffle and get it over with' shuffle (meaning just with my hands, or 'the overhand shuffle' as they call it, and usually for a very short time, unless I think it needs to be a little longer)...

Funny, I really thought everyone did it that way.

Riffle shuffle would be awesome and very impressive when reading for other people... (hey, it would be impressive to myself too!), but:
a) I can't do that (unless I'd teach myself) and
b) I can't do that with the decks I use (too sturdy)!

Grizabella

I riffle my decks except for the Tarot of Dreams. That one I deal out in four piles and just add to the piles as it strikes me till the whole deck is dealt out and then I pick up the piles and put the deck back together. I just can't riffle that big, stiff deck.

lilangel09

I used to just overhand shuffle, but I've been riffling lately :). Too much riffling does hurt a little though.

autumnsdaughter

I riffle. Even my big ol Celtic Wisdom- otherwise the cards don't feel mixed enough.

I am a very gentle and careful riffler, however. My cards don't get bent out of shape.

I need to riffle shuffle a new deck many many times before I can read with it.

raheli

I'm a another overhand shuffler but occasionally i will piece the deck together by pulling one form the top one form the bottom into a new pile.
I'm a bit terrified riffling will destroy the card too quickly.

fferyllt

I too started out overhand shuffling, as I was worried about damaging the cards. But I switched to riffling as I really prefer it, and just do it as gently as I can. However, some decks I just can't riffle, either because of size or stiffness, so those I still do overhand.

raeanne

Hi all,
I'm a riffler! My question is...how do you pronounce that. Is it pronounced the same way as an M16 or is it riff-(sounds like stiff)le?