• I riffle shuffle

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • I spread them in a surface and swirl them around

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • I change my shuffling methods, I don't just stick to one

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters

enchanted spirit

Another riffler! I find riffling very relaxing and feel that it gets me in the mind to read. I agree that I'm kind of getting the feel of the cards when I shuffle. I also have a ritual of sorts . . . I riffle 3 times then cut the deck in 3, then repeat 2 more times. The funny thing is that I have NO idea why, it just feels right. Then I take the cards off the top for the spread. Now, for a while I got the idea that I should fan them out and pick from the deck that way, but I find I get more accurate readings choosing the cards off the top. Is that weird? And, I feel very strongly about leaving my decks out of order. I will occasionally order them and cleanse them (with smudge) but only if my deck starts seeming weird. I'm not sure how to explain it, but sometimes if a deck is giving me "off" readings I'll feel like it's picked up some weird energy. Maybe it's just me? LOL

Anyway, this is a fascinating thread! :)

HearthCricket

Mostly I shuffle them sideways and rarely riffle shuffle, as I don't like the idea of bending them so much. But a lot depends on the cardstock and size of the deck and how easy it is to handle with small hands!

VGimlet

When I first got my Aquarian I could NOT riffle shuffle to save my life.

It took hours and hours of practice. Now I can riffle shuffle like a real card player, LOL. Well, okay, once in awhile I slip.

My collector decks are a different story though. :p

beachcomb

my minature rider deck is still very new so shuffling is very hard so i divide them into 2 groups and then shuffle them if i'm doing a short reading while am in bed or in a chair.

when i have a lot of room on the sofa,or at the table, i swirl them.