• I riffle shuffle

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • I spread them in a surface and swirl them around

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • I change my shuffling methods, I don't just stick to one

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters

Umbrae

option five - allow the sitter to shuffle.

starrystarrynight

Princess judy said:
or 'the overhand shuffle' as they call it
That's it! Thanks!

Princess Judy

Heheh, the wonders of internet (English is not my native language, so I had to look up what the H riffle shuffle was and stumbled across overhand shuffling... - I actually don't even know the Dutch words for different types of 'specialized' shuffling...).

Skysteel

Frannie said:
I was wondering how do people shuffle their cards.

I lay them face-up in order, then turn them face-down in those positions and swirl them about.

Grizabella

raheli said:
I'm a another overhand shuffler but occasionally i will piece the deck together by pulling one form the top one form the bottom into a new pile.
I'm a bit terrified riffling will destroy the card too quickly.

With a few exceptions, most cards today are laminated so much that they're like shuffling floor tiles. They'll probably never wear out.

stella01904

Riffle-shuffle. And the 3-pile cut with the left hand. Don't do this when playing poker, it's called a w****house cut, lol.

OrbWeaver

I have tiny hands, so if the deck is particularly large, rifle-shuffling is out of the question. Generally I shuffle however I feel like shuffling.

This is of course, dependant on deck-to-hand-size ratio.

Logiatrix

My hands are severely arthritic, so no riffling for me. Sometimes, though, I like to try a few riffles with my poker deck -- it feels good and I think it's good exercise for my hands, lol!

Primarily, I just mix the cards one small section at a time, from one hand to the other; I think that was a listed option...that will be my vote.

Another choice that I could check on the poll is the 'swirling' type of shuffling. I only do that for new decks; it's not my 'everyday' means of shuffling, however.
:)

Alissa

I think you what you mean by mix the cards in your hands is to lace the cards? This is where you shuffle from hand to hand, using your thumb to draw down from one hand to the next? This is how I shuffle.

I also "spin" the cards for reversals - I've not met anyone else who shuffles like I do. To spin the deck, I palm the top and bottom and twist in opposite directions, so they fan in 360 degrees, and then I place the deck on a solid surface and let them all fall together again.

I will lace and spin my deck several times over before splitting the deck to choose my cards. I almost never deal from the top (unless instructed to in the moment), but it's my habit to split the deck to chose each card for the spread.

Lace spin split, lace split, lace spin split... like that. I almost NEVER riffle shuffle. Very rarely... very very rarely. Bad for your decks, I think.

Yeah, I've gotta be different. But it works for me and I like it....

kwesifriends

I always change my shuffle style because I didn't find yet the good shuffle for cards.