A message from MY guardian angel

Alta

angelwhispers said:
Thank you so much for that Chronata....I was sitting here reading this thread and couldn't understand how a message of Love turned into a thing about race. I know that was Doreens opinions but I think that needs to be looked past to see the greater purpose here. The message was of love and kindness for mankind to be nicer to each other. You don't have to be a certain race to be loving and kind to your fellow man.

I also really like Doreen Virtue quite a lot and I don't agree with everything she says, just as many don't agree with the scriptures that are recounted in the bible either but something in her books and oracles has led me down this path, has strengthened my faith and helped me to believe and for that I am truly grateful for her books, for they have brought me closer to my Angels. :)
I could not agree more angelwhispers.

Diana

angelwhispers: I think the message from your angels was really cool.

But it was inevitable that someone would have picked up on the racist stuff in Doreen Virtues books.

I posted on it. But I can assure you and everyone else who is reading this thread, that from the PMs I received after my post, I was not the only one to be shocked.

Here in Europe we are still painfully aware of what happens when one starts stereotyping people according to their hair colour or skin colour or complexion..... it is part of our collective memory.

zorya

angelwhispers, your message was lovely. no one is disputing that.

i just cannot and will not be silent in the face of what i am hearing about doreen virtue's teachings.

holmes, we don't need to check anyone's list, to discover that you are an 'earth angel'. earth angels come in every size, shape, and color. one hair color or eye shape does not predominate! one type or race of person was not sent just to assist another. one does not have to be blond and chubby to look 'angelic'. there is nothing 'strange' or 'alien' about almond shaped eyes.

insinuating that one race is more highly evolved than another disgusts me. in this day and age it is unacceptable. history has taught us what comes of this kind of thinking.

i've known many concentration camp survivors, and have listened to their horrifying stories. i live in a state, in the u.s. that was once controlled by the ku klux klan.

diana, as you know, it is not only in europe that one is painfully aware of what happens when one starts stereotyping people. here in the u.s. we have our own painful history. unfortunately, though less in the open, racism still lives on.

i refuse to consider that one who teaches racist beliefs can be called enlightened.

i too have recieved pm's from others who who were shocked. i wish they would speak out in public as well.

zorya

in the very first post it was said; "I can't recommend the Messages from your Angels book enough".

because of this, i feel it is fitting to discuss doreen virtue and her teachings in this thread.

Moongold

~ angelwhispers ~ I was very interested in your message from the angels, but haven't read any of Doreen Virtue simply because there has not been time. So I don't know what people are really talking about when they draw attention to the racist stuff in some of Virtue's work.

I'd love to develop my relationship with angels. Although I pray to my guides as such occasionally I haven't really developed a conscious relationship with them and your post has reminded me of that and made me curious again. I think it was Marion who first awakened my curiosity about angels, and you have revived that. Thank you.

I have another angels deck called Angel Blessings: cards of sacred guidance and inspiration by Kimberley Maroney. I got this simply because she uses pictures of angels from classical art, and I loved them because this is what I grew up with. However, the deck does not show angels as anything other than their white and Christian representations. I can't picture them alongside me and need some other way of seeing them.

Sometimes it is a matter of taking what you need and leaving the rest behind, or seeing the light not the lampshade. Most of us do that all the time in some way or other.

I think of the many representations of Christ and Mary and how culturally biased they are and shudder. From all accounts Mary was a peasant woman, who may have had a weather beaten face, and careworn hands, not a cclassically beautiful woman dressed in Renaissance robes trimmed with gold!

We idealise things, don't we? An earth angel may be the man who sits in my street everyday, rocking to and fro under the shade of the plane tree, singing quietly to himself.

A few scattered ideas written in the early morning :). Thank you for your post. I very much appreciated your message.

angelwhispers

zorya said:
in the very first post it was said; "I can't recommend the Messages from your Angels book enough".

because of this, i feel it is fitting to discuss doreen virtue and her teachings in this thread.

The only reason I stated that about that book was because that is where I learned of automatic writing, how to hear, feel, see your angels etc. I stated earlier that I didn't agree with Doreen's views or her concepts of what an earth angel is etc....I should have been more specific in why I was recommending that book but didn't think of it at the time.

Diana

((((((((angelwhispers)))))))

Please don't feel personally hurt by anything that I or anyone else has said about the book.

The message from your angel was one of comfort and love. The thread went off on a tangent only when details from the book were discussed which made some of us jump in shock.

The first post in this thread has not been forgotten!

angelwhispers

Diana said:
((((((((angelwhispers)))))))

Please don't feel personally hurt by anything that I or anyone else has said about the book.

The message from your angel was one of comfort and love. The thread went off on a tangent only when details from the book were discussed which made some of us jump in shock.

The first post in this thread has not been forgotten!

Thank you Diana :)

Kiama

Firstly I'd like to state that I think angelwhispers' message from her guardian angel is beautiful, and something that is very fitting in today's society and time. Angelwhispers, I think you are blessed to have such a close relationship with your angels.

Secondly however, I would like to say that I was one of those who PMed Zorya with my opinions about Virtue's books, stating that I felt they were not only bordering on encouraging some sort of racism (even if it wasn't meant by Virtue, somebody could pick up the book and easily add their own racist agendas to it.) but also for being complete rubbish in many places.

Celtic Heritage? There's no such thing! Celtic heritage including red hair? Nope, that would most likely come from Viking settlers, NOT the Celts (who were most likely dark and short.)

No such thing as a short faery? Ms. Virtue I think needs to learn alot about faeries: I know of many traditions, particularly the Celtic one, that states that the faery race were very short in stature, about the height of a 7 year old child, with dark hair. (Traditionally they were meant to be the 'leftovers' of the God-like race of the Tuatha de Danaan, though some also say they were the Picts or the race that existed in that area before the Picts.) I myself have had experiences with these kinds of faery, since I was a small child, though I didn't know until a couple of years ago what I had been seeing- what I was seeing was confirmed by many other books and writings.

Faeries aren't simply mischevious 'little people' with glittery wings and slender, elegant bodies that one sees on greetings cards and in children's story books.

Because of these, and other, simple factual errors, alarm bells began to ring.

The other reason alarm bells rang, is because Virtue's theory could easily lead people with, say, depression and chronic weight problems (two supposed qualities of an Incarnated Angel) to justify being in these states (not saying being a big person is wrong, but that if one wants to get out of chronic weight issues, Virtue's theory isn't good...) and not try to solve them. It could lead to people saying 'I'm an Incarnated Angel, of course I'm meant to be depressed!' instead of seeking ways to get out of their depression.

I'm sure Doreen Virtue had peoples' best interests at heart, and I'm sure she meant no harm with her theory. However, I feel she neglected to think it through fully.

Kiama