2009 - a better year for all (fingers crossed)

Elven

MCsea said:
Oh yea - you are spot on with Cancer 27 you may get more thunderstorms in your neck of the woods (snow even?)
Extreme emotional force compels extreme transformation and activity
(I didnt think you needed to transform that much)
wouldnt winning lotto be that??!!!

yes - looking forward to see how this applys for 2009!

Yep about the storms ... I could easily see it being literal here in the Mountains - and even in Sydney, like looking into the Canyon from here .. Penrith and to the coast.

I also definately agree - Lotto would transform me :laugh:

Thanks Marina (((hugs)))

Blessings
Elven x

huredriel

Apollonia said:
I drew Aquarius 5: A council of ancestors has been called to guide a man.

I am hoping to do a lot more journeying this year, and investigation of past lives, so this seems like a good symbol.

Me too ......... I'm hoping it also means a deeper connection with Guides, fingers crossed! Going to be interesting at the very least :)

mooncat2

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

The symbol I've drawn for 2009 is

CANCER 17

THE SEED GROWS INTO KNOWLEDGE AND LIFE

From Lynda's book: The important thing to realise is that something of value has the opportunity to develop, but will need nurturing, attention, fertilisation, care and hope. The time is fertile for the process of growth to begin.
Small and careful beginnings leading to a beautiful flowering.

Caution: Rushing and missing vital parts. Arrogance about how much one knows. Being afraid to start a project.

From Crystal Astrology

Cancer 17
Marc Edmund Jones keyword........Unfoldment
Crystal Element.........Green Fluorite........develops spiritual and psychic wholeness through love.
Message..........Nurtured inspiration germinates, thrives and flourishes.
Sun Focus........Your sense of purpose is strong: you support through knowledge and healing, opening new potentials in others.

Affirmation:.....I live the process and transformational learning that is life.

A lovely symbol which fills me full of hope that something new is coming: a message I'm constantly receiving in the cards I draw. The past two years have had their share of turmoil and I look forward to whatever approaches although I also keep in mind that what I think I need or want may not necessarily be what Life hands out.
This symbol sits between my natal 12th house Mars at Cancer 15 & Saturn at Cancer 19 which seems significant although I don't know why.

I wish you all a bright and blessed 2009

:love:

MCsea

Elven said:
Yep about the storms ... I could easily see it being literal here in the Mountains - and even in Sydney, like looking into the Canyon from here .. Penrith and to the coast.

I also definately agree - Lotto would transform me :laugh:

Thanks Marina (((hugs)))

Blessings
Elven x

Did you see the Sydney fireworks - the theme A STORM - a 'creation' storm
I was thinking of you and hope you saw it - amazing and perfect for you
a new beggining and of CREATION - directed by an indigenous Australian it was wow...

MCsea

huredriel said:
Me too ......... I'm hoping it also means a deeper connection with Guides, fingers crossed! Going to be interesting at the very least :)

Gosh - thats amazing!

wishing you an interesting and happy 2009!
MARINA

MCsea

mooncat2 said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

The symbol I've drawn for 2009 is

CANCER 17

THE SEED GROWS INTO KNOWLEDGE AND LIFE

From Lynda's book: The important thing to realise is that something of value has the opportunity to develop, but will need nurturing, attention, fertilisation, care and hope. The time is fertile for the process of growth to begin.
Small and careful beginnings leading to a beautiful flowering.

Caution: Rushing and missing vital parts. Arrogance about how much one knows. Being afraid to start a project.

From Crystal Astrology

Cancer 17
Marc Edmund Jones keyword........Unfoldment
Crystal Element.........Green Fluorite........develops spiritual and psychic wholeness through love.
Message..........Nurtured inspiration germinates, thrives and flourishes.
Sun Focus........Your sense of purpose is strong: you support through knowledge and healing, opening new potentials in others.

Affirmation:.....I live the process and transformational learning that is life.

A lovely symbol which fills me full of hope that something new is coming: a message I'm constantly receiving in the cards I draw. The past two years have had their share of turmoil and I look forward to whatever approaches although I also keep in mind that what I think I need or want may not necessarily be what Life hands out.
This symbol sits between my natal 12th house Mars at Cancer 15 & Saturn at Cancer 19 which seems significant although I don't know why.

I wish you all a bright and blessed 2009

:love:

So beautiful, a really positive symbol, right in the middle of your mars and saturn - I feel its a 'link' having saturn and mars so close is not always so easy - conjunct (where two planets sit close) is plus or minus 5 degrees this one sitting in the middle is a link - I feel to help 'heal' the challenges of a Mars Saturn conjunction? acts as the focus for good helpful energy the year where energy and lessons are concerned..??

a really lovely symbol!

HAPPY 2009

MARINA

Adjustment

The symbol i draw for this year was:

TAURUS 6: A BRIDGE BEING BUILT ACROSS A HIGH NARROW GORGE
Keywords: Overcoming distance and separation, Conquering time and space barrier, braking down barriers, this are just a few keywords.
This one speaks about working on people or things that are appart, finding solutions to problems.

While cutting the cards another symbol slide off the deck so i took it in consideration:

TAURUS 20: WISPS OF CLOUDS LIKE WINGS, ARE STREAMING ACROSS THE SKY

The key words from the book: Fleeting opprtunites or inspirations, thinking of your feet, things here one minute and gone the next, just to mention a few.

MCsea

Adjustment said:
The symbol i draw for this year was:

TAURUS 6: A BRIDGE BEING BUILT ACROSS A HIGH NARROW GORGE
Keywords: Overcoming distance and separation, Conquering time and space barrier, braking down barriers, this are just a few keywords.
This one speaks about working on people or things that are appart, finding solutions to problems.

While cutting the cards another symbol slide off the deck so i took it in consideration:

TAURUS 20: WISPS OF CLOUDS LIKE WINGS, ARE STREAMING ACROSS THE SKY

The key words from the book: Fleeting opprtunites or inspirations, thinking of your feet, things here one minute and gone the next, just to mention a few.

HI Adjustment
these two symbols are visually stunning - looks like you may enjoy heightened perspecitive and have a better vantage point this year..
dont you love it when symbols just need to slide off the deck and be noticed!

blessings

MARINA

rachelcat

Happy new year, everyone!

I have never posted in the Sabean Symbols group before, but I was inspired (by all of you!) to draw a symbol for myself for 2009.

(BTW, I use the LS Astrological Oracle and the cute little Flower Wisdom deck-in-a-pyramid-box to draw the sign and number. Flower Wisdom has 32 numbered cards, so I just leave out 31 and 32!)

Sagittarius 5: An (old) owl (perched high) in a tree.

Wisdom gained from the proper perspective, seeing the big picture from above, but also being able to see the details and in 360 degrees!

Wisdom also gained from age/experence and tradition.

Silence: Those that know don't say. Those that say don't know.

(My notes for Owl in Druid Animal Oracle):
Wisdom of solitude and suffering
Meditation, Hermit
Feared, betrayal
Transformation

From Marina's book :)
Crystal--Petrified wood
Affirmation--I am a keen observer of life.

This is very apt for me for 2009, the first half of which is the second half of my Hermit year.

I have joined a meditation group and I hope meditation gives me some wisdom and understanding of life! I will be 50 in July, so I hope I will gain some wisdom from experience, too! And maybe I can put some of my life experiences into proper perspective this year, too.

I have a feeling I may be dealing with issues of aloneness/loneliness this year also. Being alone doesn't always mean loneliness. It may lead to even more wisdom and even contentment.

I think the petrified wood brings the tree into focus, after all that focus on the owl! I'm thinking I will be moved to enjoy closeness to nature, maybe some gardening in the spring.

Just for fun, the LWB for Flower Wisdom flower number 5 says

"Canna Speciosa--Secrets--Confidentiality, special assignments. Occupational secret. Meditation. Retreats. Attained wisdom."

Well, darn! I better get to work on my meditation, huh?!

MCsea

rachelcat said:
I have never posted in the Sabean Symbols group before, but I was inspired (by all of you!) to draw a symbol for myself for 2009.

(BTW, I use the LS Astrological Oracle and the cute little Flower Wisdom deck-in-a-pyramid-box to draw the sign and number. Flower Wisdom has 32 numbered cards, so I just leave out 31 and 32!)

Sagittarius 5: An (old) owl (perched high) in a tree.

Wisdom gained from the proper perspective, seeing the big picture from above, but also being able to see the details and in 360 degrees!

Wisdom also gained from age/experence and tradition.

Silence: Those that know don't say. Those that say don't know.

(My notes for Owl in Druid Animal Oracle):
Wisdom of solitude and suffering
Meditation, Hermit
Feared, betrayal
Transformation

From Marina's book :)
Crystal--Petrified wood
Affirmation--I am a keen observer of life.

This is very apt for me for 2009, the first half of which is the second half of my Hermit year.

I have joined a meditation group and I hope meditation gives me some wisdom and understanding of life! I will be 50 in July, so I hope I will gain some wisdom from experience, too! And maybe I can put some of my life experiences into proper perspective this year, too.

I have a feeling I may be dealing with issues of aloneness/loneliness this year also. Being alone doesn't always mean loneliness. It may lead to even more wisdom and even contentment.

I think the petrified wood brings the tree into focus, after all that focus on the owl! I'm thinking I will be moved to enjoy closeness to nature, maybe some gardening in the spring.

Just for fun, the LWB for Flower Wisdom flower number 5 says

"Canna Speciosa--Secrets--Confidentiality, special assignments. Occupational secret. Meditation. Retreats. Attained wisdom."

Well, darn! I better get to work on my meditation, huh?!

Thank you for posting your first sabian symbol post rachelcat
and thank you for sharing how you chose the symbol - how amazing is that the flower wisdom flower for 5 says Meditation. Retreats. Attained wisdom

I hope your year brings you these things and much more :)

Blessings

MARINA