2009 - a better year for all (fingers crossed)

charmvirgo

With some of the answers you can get I was dreading asking the question about my coming year 2009!

Anyway, this is what I got:
SCORPIO 23 A RABBIT METAMORPHOSED INTO A FAIRY (NATURE SPIRIT)

Lynda Hill Sabian Oracle said:
You may find yourself having a transformative realisation that will take your focus away from the baser animal instincts to a more spiritual perception. Coming to terms with one's vital energies can free you up to find a higher state of being. An ascenscion in consciousness is happening - enjoy the ride!.
Revelation of hidden talents. Moving into a whole new level of existence and being.
and my own interpretation:
This is a kind of transformation or transmutation from the level of animal instincts to the spiritual level. The rabbit has much symbolism attached to it, representing fertility and the power of yin, the cycles of the Moon, also the cycle of life death and rebirth, female godesses and female faeries. In folklore, it is believed rabbits/hares can carry messages from the living to the dead and from humankind to the faeries.
Caution: Wastefulness of physical resources. Impracticality, someone who is 'with the faeries' and has no grip on reality.

This seems like a good symbol for me to have drawn from the oracle as I really long to escape from the mundane to the spiritual. However I could have a wasteful and impractical year.

AND OTHER INTERPRETATIONS OF SCORPIO 23o BY VARIOUS AUTHORS:

Sabian Symbol - Original from M. E. Jones:

A bunny metamorphosed into a fairy. Keyword: Transition

Sabian Symbol - Rudhyar version:

A Rabbit Metamorphoses Into A Nature Spirit

Charubel:

"The moon in her first quarter."
One fond of change; a speculator; one too sanguine in his or her expectations; yet, on the whole, fortunate.

La Volasfera:

"A man sowing in the wind."
It is the index of a character that has little regard to the fitness of things, and is for that reason apt to waste his substance and dissipate his energies, continually occupying himself with vain and illusive projects; sowing where he has no advantage and constantly going counter to the opinions and advice of others. Such an one may lay hold of a fortune and it will be scattered, or being endowed with superior faculties he will use them to small advantage. It is a degree of DISSIPATION.

Matthews:

"Fame or notoriety"
A critical degree. Aspiring and proud. Usually fortunate in material possessions. The fellow who "hitches his wagon to a star."

Carelli:

Hopefulness, often unjustified confidence, certainly more luck than deserved typifies this degree. Unrealizable plans prevail - plans around power and wealth, which are squandered. Love of arbitrage and trade at large. A taste for paradox, which the native will mistake for originality; a contrary and spiteful nature. There is no firmness in decisions, and the will power is jumpy and shaky.

Kozminsky:

"A man blowing bubbles, a ledger at his feet."

Denotes one who is in danger of being misguided and led into undertakings which can only result in failure and regret. Should he attempt to initiate any scheme himself, he will feel the mortification of seeing his hopes shattered. He should be content to take no risks. It is a symbol of Uncertainties.

Muir:

Ambitious, domineering and an experimentalist. He should be content with the beaten track as far as employment is concerned.

Leinbach:

This degree seems to completely scatter the vast energy of the Scorpio nature. There is very little control shown. The native is usually restless, impulsive, ignorant of danger, and he responds with cowardice when faced with the consequences of his impulsive behavior. There is an attachment to home.

Weber:

Mental, diversified, active Gemini adds outgoing, casual qualities to shifty Scorpio, and with underlying Sagittarius, there's the fire of desire to achieve. Good degree of trade and commerce, but often easily distracted, and too free with resources. When knowledge and experience are put to work, coupled with personal skills, it can accumulate wealth and status. Putting wealth to good use is something else - degree is far from secure.

Henson:

Medical fields; doctors; homicidal tendencies; universally respected; aspiring and proud; usually fortunate in material possessions; projecting and the arts; alcoholism; fimbria of fallopian tubes; nasal bone.

Cochrane:

Individualistic, self-reliant, self-conscious, ambitious, proud. Leadership qualities. Wants to do something in life that expresses his own individuality.

MCsea

charmvirgo
thank you for joining us!

I agree with you SCORPIO 23 A RABBIT METAMORPHOSED INTO A FAIRY (NATURE SPIRIT) seems like a good symbol - I cant wait till the end of the year and see if you have sprouted wings ;)

I hope that 2009 is a fulfilling year for you,

MARINA

charmvirgo

Hi Marina

Thanks for your kind words and the same to you and others on this thread!

I do like our little 'Sabian corner'.

Charm

Guiding Cauldron

Whats in store for me in 2009 please?

LIBRA 24
A THIRD WING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF A BUTTERFLY

When the transformation into full potential occurs, it is a wonderful thing. At this time, however, you may feel that you are unnaturally developed in the emotive, intuitive realms. Instinct may be swamping logic, whilst this can be very creative, it would be a good idea to try to regain some balance in the situation.
Creative overbalance. Oddities, beautiful imperfections. Handicaps. One side being more perfect than the other.

The Caution: Unrealistic reliance on being different. Obsession with strange things. Flapping around and not getting anywhere.

What positive elements will happen to me in 2009?

CAPRICORN 21
A RELAY RACE

The end is in sight and victory may seem achievable, but you may find that you are only one member of the team, with your own special task to perform. You may not be the one who crosses the finish line, but you will, eventually, share in the glory of the group effort. Just be watchful for when you have to take the baton.
Shared endeavor. Knowing when to pass on responsibilities. Having to wait your turn. Inheritances.

The Caution: Not letting go of control to another OR feeling defeated because of feelings that you don't have the necessary resources to win.

How can I connect the two together for myself in 2009?

TAURUS 30
A PEACOCK PARADING ITS SPLENDOR ON THE TERRACE OF AN OLD CASTLE

Behavior and presentation of form is of vital importance. The situation is well established, but could be slowly breaking apart. There is a need to MAINTAIN YOUR GRAACE AND PRIDE while also maintaining the center of attention. Peacocks, because of the many 'eyes' on their feathers are said to be the 'watchers' - they watch for intrusion and deception. Be wary, but enjoy the beauty and elegance that surrounds you.
Tradition feeding ego-centered attraction. Splendor. Etiquette. Gardening and enjoying the environment for its beauty and its nature. Wealth..

The Caution: Risking one's integrity to display success. Strutting one's stuff may invite envy from others. Noisy displays.

MCsea

Guiding Cauldron said:
Whats in store for me in 2009 please?

LIBRA 24
A THIRD WING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF A BUTTERFLY

When the transformation into full potential occurs, it is a wonderful thing. At this time, however, you may feel that you are unnaturally developed in the emotive, intuitive realms. Instinct may be swamping logic, whilst this can be very creative, it would be a good idea to try to regain some balance in the situation.
Creative overbalance. Oddities, beautiful imperfections. Handicaps. One side being more perfect than the other.

The Caution: Unrealistic reliance on being different. Obsession with strange things. Flapping around and not getting anywhere.

CAPRICORN 21
A RELAY RACE

The end is in sight and victory may seem achievable, but you may find that you are only one member of the team, with your own special task to perform. You may not be the one who crosses the finish line, but you will, eventually, share in the glory of the group effort. Just be watchful for when you have to take the baton.
Shared endeavor. Knowing when to pass on responsibilities. Having to wait your turn. Inheritances.

The Caution: Not letting go of control to another OR feeling defeated because of feelings that you don't have the necessary resources to win.

TAURUS 30
A PEACOCK PARADING ITS SPLENDOR ON THE TERRACE OF AN OLD CASTLE

Behavior and presentation of form is of vital importance. The situation is well established, but could be slowly breaking apart. There is a need to MAINTAIN YOUR GRAACE AND PRIDE while also maintaining the center of attention. Peacocks, because of the many 'eyes' on their feathers are said to be the 'watchers' - they watch for intrusion and deception. Be wary, but enjoy the beauty and elegance that surrounds you.
Tradition feeding ego-centered attraction. Splendor. Etiquette. Gardening and enjoying the environment for its beauty and its nature. Wealth..

The Caution: Risking one's integrity to display success. Strutting one's stuff may invite envy from others. Noisy displays.

HI Guiding Cauldron - how do you feel about those symbols, I love Taurus 30, sounds like its time to step out of the shaddows for sucess,

happy 2009

MARINA

Guiding Cauldron

Mcsea

Hi sweety, I was hoping you'd make a comment :) Yesterday I did take some time to ponder the images through my brain and this is what I came up with for myself.

LIBRA 24
A THIRD WING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF A BUTTERFLY: I feel like I have been Transforming a lot through the last year and it seems a cycle of that will come to complete fruition this year, so I look at that as a good thing and some needed maturity with that as well. :) I also do feel like I'm not ready and I'm not FULLY developed yet but I think thats the perfectinist in me and ?I always judge others hard but myself even harder- almost unhumanly so. I have been overly creative but with no focus or balance so yes it is something for me to still work on as well. I also never look at oddities, beautiful imperfections as good things just a marring on perfectionism, so I MUST look at things in new ways to further develop. The Caution of Flapping around and not getting anywhere is indeed me, so must change that as well. :)

CAPRICORN 21
A RELAY RACE : I do need to look at Victory from a different angle. I have always viewed it as MY success, just me NOT actually success in working with someone for OUR better good. So that was a wake up call when I read that and it pertains to my married life as well. Made me see myself as a bit fo a selfish child really!So working a SHARED endeavor is my goal and key as well as Knowing when to pass on responsibilities and Having to wait my turn with grace. :)

TAURUS 30
A PEACOCK PARADING ITS SPLENDOR ON THE TERRACE OF AN OLD CASTLE: I LOVE this image but it just shows how much I still need to grow up and not hand on to Princess issues I didnt even realize I had! lol Again the need to MAINTAIN YOUR GRAACE AND PRIDE. Peacocks, because of the many 'eyes' on their feathers are said to be the 'watchers' - they watch for intrusion and deception. Be wary, but enjoy the beauty and elegance that surrounds you. I need to let go of my ego and self centeredness and focus on teh beauty around me for wealth and accomplishments too.

So sounds like I have a bundle to work on as ususal :)

LadyKathryn

MCsea said:
From Lynda Hills website
http://www.sabiansymbols.com

SAGITTARIUS 15
THE GROUND HOG LOOKING FOR ITS SHADOW ON GROUND HOG DAY

You may need some sign to give you insight into the future. By looking at your past experience, you may well find the sign you need.

I find it interesting that you say this... this link was just passed onto me by a friend..

I'm not finished watching all the videos..there are 4 of them..and i have yet to really formulate how i feel about it..though the theory makes sence to me.

I just thought i'd post it and let ppl decide for them selves how they feel about it. I'd love feedback on the videos..... i didn't make them...

lk.

LadyKathryn

cardlady22 said:
What popped in my head was the number 238 ~ Scorpio 28

The king of the faeries approaching his domain.
Allegiance
Peruvian Blue Opal (aka Andean Blue Opal)

Wow! A whole range of possibilities. What will the king think of the "state of his kingdom"? What changes will he demand? Will we accept and choose to work with it, or will we reject him? Will we find out he isn't what we thought?

ETA: Reading through Lynda Hill's book adds a layer of each one of us ruling the kingdom of Self. What will I bring into submission or order this year? Will I rule with my head or my heart? Does it HAVE to be exclusive?

This is interesting to me.. Scorpio 28.... My girlfriend is born on Oct 28th.. 1972...she's a Scorpio... this just kind of gave me a whole new insight into her.. .LOL thanks :)

MCsea

Guiding Cauldron said:
Hi sweety, I was hoping you'd make a comment :) Yesterday I did take some time to ponder the images through my brain and this is what I came up with for myself.

LIBRA 24
A THIRD WING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF A BUTTERFLY: I feel like I have been Transforming a lot through the last year and it seems a cycle of that will come to complete fruition this year, so I look at that as a good thing and some needed maturity with that as well. :) I also do feel like I'm not ready and I'm not FULLY developed yet but I think thats the perfectinist in me and ?I always judge others hard but myself even harder- almost unhumanly so. I have been overly creative but with no focus or balance so yes it is something for me to still work on as well. I also never look at oddities, beautiful imperfections as good things just a marring on perfectionism, so I MUST look at things in new ways to further develop. The Caution of Flapping around and not getting anywhere is indeed me, so must change that as well. :)

CAPRICORN 21
A RELAY RACE : I do need to look at Victory from a different angle. I have always viewed it as MY success, just me NOT actually success in working with someone for OUR better good. So that was a wake up call when I read that and it pertains to my married life as well. Made me see myself as a bit fo a selfish child really!So working a SHARED endeavor is my goal and key as well as Knowing when to pass on responsibilities and Having to wait my turn with grace. :)

TAURUS 30
A PEACOCK PARADING ITS SPLENDOR ON THE TERRACE OF AN OLD CASTLE: I LOVE this image but it just shows how much I still need to grow up and not hand on to Princess issues I didnt even realize I had! lol Again the need to MAINTAIN YOUR GRAACE AND PRIDE. Peacocks, because of the many 'eyes' on their feathers are said to be the 'watchers' - they watch for intrusion and deception. Be wary, but enjoy the beauty and elegance that surrounds you. I need to let go of my ego and self centeredness and focus on teh beauty around me for wealth and accomplishments too.

So sounds like I have a bundle to work on as ususal :)

You are hard on yourself ;)

maybe A THIRD WING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF A BUTTERFLY is showing you - an new talent - something you maybe didnt trust before but now is out there - its not saying you dont have all your wings - its just saying hey look a this one!

A RELAY RACE is also a good sybmol - like you said its about how you move towards sucess surrounded by those you love - and you seem to had some realisation about that - but remember to 'pass the baton' on when you have run your leg of the race ;)

A PEACOCK PARADING ITS SPLENDOR ON THE TERRACE OF AN OLD CASTLE can be seen as you coming into the public eye or being seen for the amazing beauty you are - when you find your 3rd wing - rely on others for support you will find it all fits into that fairy tale you are a part of..

:D
will be exciting to see what you have to say later this year!
MARINA

MCsea

LadyKathryn said:
MCsea said:
From Lynda Hills website
http://www.sabiansymbols.com

SAGITTARIUS 15
THE GROUND HOG LOOKING FOR ITS SHADOW ON GROUND HOG DAY

You may need some sign to give you insight into the future. By looking at your past experience, you may well find the sign you need.

I find it interesting that you say this... this link was just passed onto me by a friend..

I'm not finished watching all the videos..there are 4 of them..and i have yet to really formulate how i feel about it..though the theory makes sence to me.

I just thought i'd post it and let ppl decide for them selves how they feel about it. I'd love feedback on the videos..... i didn't make them...

lk.

Hi LK,

maybe I missed something (or is was lost in the crash)
which videos are you watching?

blessings

MARINA