Feelings and Pentacles, from lukewarm to non existent ?

Nikita_

Despite trying my best to master them, pentacles still give me trouble at times when coming up in love readings, especially some of them, like the 8 and the page. I'll make a succint list to sum up heir general meaning when they come up in love/relationship readings as I've worked them out, I'd love to hear what you have worked out yourselves to compare our views...
So here it goes :

Ace of Pentacles- it is certainly the most positive of all, despite its emphasys is on material well-being, but still, good for beginnings in the sense of establishing a solid base to set up a lasting home or relationship in this case...of course, like all aces, it says nothing about what, if anything, will follow a great beginning, but at least, a willingness to establish foundations is there.
-Two of Pentacles. It ranges from evaluation and choice to nervousness and anxiety over such decisions to be made. Whether there are feelings or not, depends on the rest of the cards. Certainly, there is some confusion and perplexity there.
-Three of Pentacles. This card is one of the biggest tarot mysteries to me, at least when dealing with love and relationships. I tend to readw it as a negative card in relationship readings, a card of silence, " going alone"-the opposite of the teamwork idea thas is traditionally accepted in work matters. It has never brought particularly good news to me in love readings; if anything, just a continuation of a silence or lack of communication. But again, this is a real mystery to me.
-Four of pentacles. It's a card of greed and inability to let go, the " miser card" in feelings- stuck , unable to take risks and give to the other person. Definitely not good.
-Five of Pents. Feeling of rejection, loss, being left out in the cold.
-Six of Pentacles. Even the six feels like an uneven number in pentacles....again, someone is a needy beggar, or not getting what would rightfully be his/hers...
-The Seven confused me for a long time. At its best, it'qs a card of waiting for someone else to do all the work and put in all the effort -in relationship readings, a smugness similar to the 9 of cups, at worste, the end of a season-or a cycle. Like most pentacles, not much movement there.
-Eight of Pents. I cringe when I see this card in love and relationship readings. At its best, in an established relationship, it's about routine and working away diligently at something which has become dull and repetitive, in love readings where there is no relationship, forget about it.
-Nine of Pentacles. Well, this is the card of being alone and enjoying it-definitely not a good omen for love and relationships.
-Ten of Pentacles. I have an issue with this card....as a Scorpio, I don't easily forget it when I am led to a reading debacle by a card repeatedly, and this ten has led me to blundering more than once...yes, it might mean a solid, long term relationship with family and stability- if not romantic love ad such- but as a ten it is also the end of a cycle, much like the World or the Wheel. I am very wary of this card these days.
-The king of Pents- Stubborn and rigid, maybe a solid partner in some cases, but if his head banged against a wall, surely the wall would break.
-The Queen of Pents, maybe the best of all of them....mothering, practical, good at taking care of people, and very physical...
-The knight of Pents-If I could get rid ofone card in the whole deck, this would be it...if there is ever going to be progress in a relationship, with this card, expect biblical times...or your next life. It can also mean no interest or indifference, in my experience, just like the 8.
- Page of Pents....no idea, to be honest...I find it easier to read this card rx than upright..and it means if there ever was an interest, it's worn off, the page has got fed up with waiting for something to happen....even for him, the pentacles' time frame is too long....

Well, over to you...please feel free to add or disagree with any of the cards...

Teheuti

Think of Pentacles as your body, physicality, sensuality, improving sexual skills. The 3 of Pentacles could be watching XXX-rated films; the 8 could be a list of lovers past and present; or, in a committed relationship, it's all the things you would do to get ready for a sensual evening or the sense of relationship work accomplished.

The emotions most often associated with the RWS 8 of Pentacles are: determined, enthused, fulfilled, interested, accepting, patient, secure.

Nikita_

Think of Pentacles as your body, physicality, sensuality, improving sexual skills. The 3 of Pentacles could be watching XXX-rated films; the 8 could be a list of lovers past and present; or, in a committed relationship, it's all the things you would do to get ready for a sensual evening or the sense of relationship work accomplished.

The emotions most often associated with the RWS 8 of Pentacles are: determined, enthused, fulfilled, interested, accepting, patient, secure.

Thanks for jumping in...I suppose the practical, down to earth approach to relationships typical of earth signs is hard to understand for someone whose birth chard consists of water and fire exclusively...but I can see the sensuality and physical aspect of the Queen of Pents and in the 9, I find it harder with the 8...I suppose the RW image showing a guy bent down forging a coin doesn't help trigger sensual or erotic fellings ...
What was that about the 3 again ? Can you expand on that ?

Skysteel

...I suppose the RW image showing a guy bent down forging a coin doesn't help trigger sensual or erotic fellings ...

It seemed to work for Patrick Swayze in "Ghost".
- :cool2:

Barleywine

In the "what you would do to get ready for a sensual evening" department, all the loving attention the craftsman in the 8 of Pentacles is lavishing on his work makes me think of "primping" for the occasion. I often see this card as being "absorbed in the details." Sometimes that's good and sometimes it isn't.

Teheuti

What was that about the 3 again ? Can you expand on that ?
3 of Pentacles: Do you want to come up and see my etchings? Or, people watching a demonstration of skilled workmanship.

BTW, I have no Earth signs or Earth houses in my chart. I can still imagine . . . ;-)

The Knight of Pentacles appreciates a well-plowed field. Sure, he can be a couch-potato, but he's also the most sensual of the knights and a real craftsman.

Nikita_

It seemed to work for Patrick Swayze in "Ghost".
- :cool2:

Haven't seen the film, and Swayze is not my type...but I can see how some people could be erotic even while fast asleep -and snoring.

Nikita_

In the "what you would do to get ready for a sensual evening" department, all the loving attention the craftsman in the 8 of Pentacles is lavishing on his work makes me think of "primping" for the occasion. I often see this card as being "absorbed in the details." Sometimes that's good and sometimes it isn't.

Ok...I can see your point...I guess...

Nikita_

3 of Pentacles: Do you want to come up and see my etchings? Or, people watching a demonstration of skilled workmanship.

BTW, I have no Earth signs or Earth houses in my chart. I can still imagine . . . ;-)

The Knight of Pentacles appreciates a well-plowed field. Sure, he can be a couch-potato, but he's also the most sensual of the knights and a real craftsman.

So, if you got the Knight of pents in a him towards her question, or what he wants for us, would you think of a physical attraction thing ?

As for the etchings...I think it's possibly the only kind of indecent proposal that could make me wish he'd continued to snore...

celeste777

Ace of pent- building a solid foundation or a solid baby.
Two of pent- juggling two different women/ making a choice
3of pent- working together to build something solid. Car payment/ house payment.
4 of pent- withholding affection and love because they feel the other party is undeserving
5 of pent- both are suffering due to outside circumstances
Six of pent- a friends with benefits ordeal... One person doing all the giving while the other just takes it.
7 of pent- deciding if the person is worth the investment/ effort
8 of pent- in it to win it. A person willing to start from the bottom and work their way up with a person.. Not giving up on them.
9 of pent- a person who wants but doesn't need you. Everything but the actual commitment.
10 of pent- completion.. For feelings feeling whole. For outcome- ending.

Page of pent- deciding if they want to actually take the initial step
King of pent- solid commitment/ a person who isn't going anywhere..
Queen of pent- a person who wants to take care of physical needs
Knight of pent- stationary man who likes you but moves turtle like