Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Lava Lamps

Satori

I don't really have any limits either. I also totally agree with Aulruna's little post and I actually reposted it in the main thread.

I have as my theme Transitions, Crossroads, Crossing, Movement. I have been flirting with the Shamanistic path for a long time now. I have read several books about Shamanism, and I have the Ironwing and I do love it.

I love tribal stuff, I really love ancient petroglyphs (I'm a fan of the Rock Art Tarot, sometimes wish the colors were toned down), I love the natural world and have a heart rock collection and a triangle rock collection. The triangles have to be able to stand on one of their faces, not just be triangular. The heart rocks are just that, shaped in strong heart shapes. (Yesterday my daughter was delighted because she found 3 heart rocks for her own collection. She got poked by a thorn and cried saying the faeries were rejecting her. Then she dug in the dirt a bit and found a heart rock. And all this happened on Faery Hill. Yes it is a family affair!)

With rocks I look for faces in them and have a small collection of rocks with faces or other kinds of symbols in them. One rock in collection is my Warrior rock. It shows (via brown striations in a reddish rock) a small figure of a person with a bow, a head dress and one arm raised in victorious salute. The two legs are spread apart and firmly planted on the ground. Really. ;)

I don't mind angels and faery items but I don't want Doreen Virtue either. I don't mind plastic but don't necessarily want all plastic! LOL.

I don't mind teeth or bones, hell I'm open to just about everything ladies.

Wendywu

Like I say - I have this boxful of stuff. I am going to sit down quietly and make a small area for each of you on the floor around me, and put each item into one of the spaces, according to who it feels right for. I'll then go through each person's heap and sort into keeper and discard piles - again according to the little inner voice. Finally I'll sit with each chosen heap, one at a time, and think about the things in it and where I got them, and ask that each of the items speak up with a loud voice when they reach their new home, and will ask that they also pass on to their new owners all the joy and love that swirls in this house - and then I'll post them out to you :)

Satori

Wendy that sounds beautiful!

Aulruna

That is so cool, Wendy ... I have now filled a small chest with items (surprising really, because we are currently in our "secondary" home, not the one with all the stash for artwork & altars), and while some things are already marked with a name, I have it all in a heap right now.

Maybe I'll make a casting sheet to determine recipients... let the items have their say!

Foraging is not trouble :D I have some items in mind I absolutely want you to have, it just doesn't fit with the work schedule ;) so it will have to wait.

We are also remodeling my study and many things are packed up. Among them, hopefully, a bag of blueish rocks from Finland... need to find those urgently...

Satori

Blueish rocks from finland? :bugeyed:

Aulruna, I have no problem giving you more time...once we separated into groups the groups now have the say. Do people need more time?

I know that I am stumped at the moment and feeling desperate about what to give Wendy, Mi-Shell and Thor. Aulruna will be much easier ;), but you three....I'm scared! (Looking at the word scared if you move the c one space you get sacred...is this a hint at how to deal with you three?)

Wendywu

Scared - of ickle us??? Oh no - don't be.... . I'm good with wingnuts, iron doodads, wooden thingummies, bones, teeth, small gourds, large seeds - little odd brass things, old keys, coins, leather, beads ...... all sorts of stuff.

And I'm a firm believer that a reader can read with absolutely anything at all, given enough determination :D

Satori

Wendy and Thor, I have met Aulruna and I know pretty much what Mi-Shell is all about. Can you two give me a little bio? And if you need to send it via PM that is fine.

So, are you mothers, grannies or none of the above?
Ages and be approximate if need be.
Occupations?

Just getting a feel here...

Wendywu

Satori - you have pm :)

thorhammer

As luck would have it, some of the eucalypts around here are flowering ;) this means *stuff* and I had been collecting for Wendy anyway, so a bit of *stuff* will go to others as well :D

Please don't be scared of me! (Why does this happen so often???) I don't divine all that much, apart from Tarot, so I'll be easy to please! Apart from the Doreen Virtue. Marbles! Screws! Knobs from drawers! the little caps from gas cylinders! LOL Lotsa stuff. I'm easily pleased :)

Finding stuff has been a mission for me :( sad to say. But I've got a modest little pile happening, with natural stuff as well as op shop treasures. Would you shamanic types be pleased if I made something with sculpey/fimo clay for you? I have some but have never tried it out - this could be a good time :)

A bio? Ugh. I'm 28, single, not in the slightest bit motherly. Quite a tomboy. Like cooking, gardening, old-skool crafts and skills, tradition. I am passionate about PLACE - wherever I live, I try to live as a part of the landscape and community. I consider myself a West Australian local now, despite having come from the Evil Eastern States :D. If I moved to the UK, or Thailand, or Tibet or Peru, I'd insert myself into the culture and live it as my own.

Don't ask me why that seemed important to say. Just did.

I'm a very simple person, which is why I don't have much to put into the kits! I don't have much, don't need much. Love food more than possibly anything on the planet. Except heavy metal. It's the best kind of music there is :p

I've recently started practicing ceremonial magick, and love esoterica. So if you've got anything with esoteric symbols on it, I'll love it! LOL I love this side of the spiritual coin because of the complexity, the system, the sheer organised beauty of it. The drama and dance and spectacle of it. One corollary of this is that I am very protective of my astral/auric space and would be very upset if it was broached by someone wanting to find out more about me. Just sayin'.

So now I'm rambling and I really am in a hurry to get into my day. So I'll leave you with that, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

\m/ Kat

Wendywu

Hey Kat - the fimo/polymer clay thing - Yes!!! I'd love little people ....... primitive (don't need clothes) and doesn't matter if they turn out "good" or not... or representations of people.....

I gotta say I am loving all this :D