Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Lava Lamps

Satori

I've dreamt of finding a rattlesnake rattle. But I think I have to come across that one on my own...and I don't think you are offering one up anyway.

I don't know what to do with turtleshell and bear bones, other than sit there and think...wow...look at that. I wish I was in your class Mi-Shell, because I'd like to know what to do with those things! I don't have that book, but I have thought of getting it and starting on my own.

I have two pieces of the most beautiful flint, they have a satiny soft feel because they are polished, but they are striped flint? Or something like that and they can be used to start a fire. So I have them in my little pouch because I figure if I can't have a big bank account I can have my wealth in my fire starting kit! ;)

thorhammer

I've been making fimo tokens for everyone (including me :p). They're not artistically fantastic (by a long way!) but I think each one has something to say. And I've marbled three colours of fimo together, so they look really pretty :)

\m/ Kat

Wendywu

Mi-Shell said:
Edited to say:
Do not send Deer skull!!! I have!!!

Cast of Snake skin is paper thin and will crumple like - I can not even discribe....
But I have Snake skin from a Rattlesnake and could ad some into your piles - Cat and Wendy.....
I also have pieces of Turtle shell......

oh, yea... and Bear Bone.....
(not the one YOU think of, Milfoil....!!!!)
Let me know, you guys.....
...runnnnns into basement......

TURTLE SHELL!!!!!! Jumping up and down excitedly :)) And BEAR BONE!!!

I love snake skin. When I was a little girl we lived in SIngapore for a few years and the snake charmer used to come round to our house with his snakes and let us play (gently) with them. They were soooo warm and dry, snuggly to touch. A couple of them were bigger than me :) I have never forgotten how they feel. I love snakes.

I don't want snake skin in my oracle - I just want it to stroke (veeery gently) and be with......

What sort of size objects are we all doing? Teeny tiny or palm sized, or clenched fist sized or what? I have mixtures of all but if anyone prefers a particular size over another please yell quickly!!

thorhammer

Ooh, me! I like palm-sized to finger-joint sized - bigger is cumbersome :(

I've put mine together now - just waiting for the fimo trinkets to cool - and I . . . er . . . ahem . . . seem to have gone a little overboard . . .

A gumnut just wasn't enough for "one" item! So you're all getting what yer given :D Satori, I found the coolest little *thing* in one of the op shops and it couldn't make up its mind where it wanted to go - I wanted to keep it but that wasn't right . . .so it's going to you :) I'm going to write a wee note for everyone explaining some of the items so you'll know which one :)

And my own collection is fantastic! I now have a little red spaceship courtesy of Kinder Surprise :D, a My Little Pony hairbrush, a rabid-looking rabbit in victorian costume . . . so much colour it's not funny! Very cool.

This has been very rewarding :)

\m/ Kat

Wendywu

I must admit that I have far more stuff than I thought I would manage to get - and there's no point not passing it on because after all I gathered it all up for you guys in the first place :)

I hear ya Kat - and I know what size FLotsam to send you - thanks !

thorhammer

I'm just putting some notes down in pretty cards to go along with the parcels - and I found I have just the right number of Chronata cards to go around! How cool is that? :)

Not comprehensive notes, just a few words about what things are and where they came from if it seems appropriate or necessary. Don't want to stifle the game :)

\m/ Kat

Aulruna

Mi-Shell said:
Edited to say:
Do not send Deer skull!!! I have!!!

Cast of Snake skin is paper thin and will crumple like - I can not even discribe....
But I have Snake skin from a Rattlesnake and could ad some into your piles - Cat and Wendy.....
I also have pieces of Turtle shell......

oh, yea... and Bear Bone.....
(not the one YOU think of, Milfoil....!!!!)
Let me know, you guys.....
...runnnnns into basement......

Bones are always great!!! I have a sheeps' knuckles oracle from Sheri, and I adore it!

I'm finally back in the main home, and rustled up a pile of loot without even starting to search properly! So my mind is finally at rest!!

We did however get another 10 inches of snow here ... so I'll need to think of an alternative for Wendy.

thor and Satori, you will get more Kinder egg stuff :D
Wendy, not sure about you ... they ARE plastic, but soooo kewl!

I also made tokens for all of you ... with a touch of Alchemy! And I even sewed for Mi-Shell ... which is really saying something, because I suck at needlecrafts, but this simply screamed to be made.

Cat*

Satori said:
I wish I was in your class Mi-Shell, because I'd like to know what to do with those things! I don't have that book, but I have thought of getting it and starting on my own.
On the risk of being totally off-topic AND misunderstanding you: Are you by any chance talking about the "Song of the Soul" thread Mi-Shell started? It's not actually a class by her, we're just doing the exercises from the book "Singing the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Wisdom for Every Day" by Caitlín Matthews (each at their own speed: some haven't started with the exercises yet, some are at #5 or #6, some are at #18) and sharing our experiences, thoughts, hopes, fears, etc. Mi-Shell is the one who structures the thread by getting us moved to the next exercise, and she is of course the most experienced of us in terms of shamanism, so she often adds very valuable stuff to what we say - but then each of us brings valuable experiences, questions, or ideas to share, so we all learn from each other. It's a very friendly group, too, and you can join any time. *whispering* And I just saw the book yesterday for a reduced price at DiscountNewAgeBooks... So come on and join us; we'd love to have you! :)

Satori said:
I have two pieces of the most beautiful flint, they have a satiny soft feel because they are polished, but they are striped flint? Or something like that and they can be used to start a fire. So I have them in my little pouch because I figure if I can't have a big bank account I can have my wealth in my fire starting kit! ;)
Ooh, that sounds great! I'd love to learn how to start a fire by using flint stones, but I don't even know how I would recognize the right stones for that.

Wendywu

Y'know - these oracles sound like a minimalist's nightmare lol

How would they join in???

Just made me chuckle as a random thought....

I sorted out your heaps today - and am just letting them sit until tomorrow when I can spend a bit longer with them. Then I'll write up the notes (brief!!). I'm hoping to post in the middle of next week or so. I think.

Wendywu

thorhammer said:
I've been making fimo tokens for everyone (including me :p). They're not artistically fantastic (by a long way!) but I think each one has something to say. And I've marbled three colours of fimo together, so they look really pretty :)

\m/ Kat

Thank you so much - handmade is sooooo special :heart: