Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Lava Lamps

Mi-Shell

Alruna and Wendy: You are all wrapped up!
-Apart from the Snake skin! I can not find it! Where is it?????????????????
I have 9 large bins with fur(old coats) and leather and.....?? who knows..
Where is the Snake skin......

Mi-Shell

Oh Fimo!:)
Great!
Thorhammer, I still need your postal address!
Can you please pm me!?
Thanks!

Aulruna

*sobs* Seems like my stash of Finnish spectrolite which I have kept for about 20 years got accidentally thrown out when we started remodeling the study. I really can't believe this ... just a few tiny morsels left. Two are big enough for the oracle ...

Wendywu

Oh Aulruna - you poor thing! It's the pits when you find out you chucked out something you shouldn't have....

I've done it with books that "I'll never want to read again" ......

thorhammer

Aulruna said:
*sobs* Seems like my stash of Finnish spectrolite which I have kept for about 20 years got accidentally thrown out when we started remodeling the study. I really can't believe this ... just a few tiny morsels left. Two are big enough for the oracle ...
Oh, honey! Poor you :( You know, though, that we shall love anything and everything you send! Please don't be sad!

\m/ Kat

Satori

Listen if we all send out 20 things they loose value. I have a huge pile for each of you, and I am dying to send you all the great stuff I have assembled...but I know that not all of it will work for you. Some of it will...thing is how to know right?

Start with a little less, and try for quality not quantity. Let's not go overboard trying to please each other, and end up with things we may not even use.

So for example, and I'm letting a secret out of the bag:

I have this enormous collection of broken shell bits that were tumbled. When it was given to me I felt rich. But then it sat and sat and sat...time to share it all.

There's a wide range of pieces. So I'm choosing a few for each of you. They go from white, to green, to green and white, to this luminous tan nacre, to dark abalone and then some with a bit of each mixed in. Just three pieces will add to your kits but I have 7 for each of you! Maybe over kill?

I was looking at each of the piles and I had this massive pile for Aulruna and Thor (because of the plastic quotient), a little less for Wendy, and there at the end of the row was Mi-Shell's pile. A very simple, clean little assemblage of items. And guess what? Guess whose pile looked the nicest? That's right. Mi-Shell's. I added 7 shell bits to Mi-Shell's pile because it seemed lean, and then figured I'd better give you all 7. Now I need to go back and look over your piles and decide if everything is telling me a story and wants to be there.

So Aulruna, honey, don't fear if you are missing out on something. It wasn't meant to be, right?

This is part of the process, seeing what washes up on our shore, and deciding if we keep it or set it free.

Satori

ROFL
I just tried to remove some things from the kits. :bugeyed: nope. Can't do it. You get what you get.

Flotsam. Jetsam.

Wendywu

Ha! I share your pain here lol. I'm sending what I'm sending and hoping for the best......

If you have a basket and put all your received bits in it, swirl it round gently as many times as feels right (while focussing on the question) then - reach in and take a handful of "stuff" and cast it. That way it's all there - and there is no reason for the reading area to be cluttered. I'm gonna try that I think.

thorhammer

I, too, am sending what I'm sending and you can just deal with it LOL But, with the exception of Wendy, I've put only two of a certain little *thing* in each . .. and Wendy got more because I actually collected all of them for her in the first place. There are also a couple of little other things that wanted to be in pairs or threes, but for the most part I think one of a thing is enough, no?

These little things seem to be more like punctuation marks, to me. Delineators, rather than symbols in and of themselves.

\m/ Kat

Satori

I did find that a few things could be removed easily. But now may put them back....LOL.

I have sets of things, as I said earlier, and you are still getting the sets of things. I thing the sets can be used as parentheses. So that if they are surrounding something on the active reading space it brings your attention to that "issue".

Aulruna's pile is the heavy one but that is because I've been wanting to send her a box with some things for a long time and have been lax about it. We share a birthday :) and so I'm using this as a chance to send her some extra soul sister stuff! And since it looks like I won't see her this spring when she comes to the northeast I can't hand it to her as I would like to. :(