• I am not psychic

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 78 44.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.1%

• Total voters

mythos

I voted no. If I was psychic I'd know whether this answer was correct or not ... right???? Huh humour!

Actually, I am super clairsentient, which is absolutely useless unless I am reading face to face with a person ... but then I don't need cards ... so if the question is more related to using psychic skills when reading cards, the answer definitely a big fat 'no!'. Oh, and I just loathe being clairsentient. I can't walk down an aisle in a supermarket without feeling everything everyone I pass is feeling. The world is filled with unhappy, impatient people ... or at least, supermarket's are filled with unhappy, impatient people :laugh:. I haven't found any 'psychic protection' method that works, and I have tried more than I can count. So ... I stay away from people as much as possible. They are way too stressful. Where did I put that valium???? :bugeyed:

mythos:D

Just read this:

Free Flight said:
I am not psychic but I am an empath. I seem to be a sponge for other people's emotions feelings etc which means I have to protect myself a bit as I seem to get caught in the war path. I walk into a room and I can just feel others mood. When other's are in a good mood I just suck up their energy and when they are down I get dragge down with them. I am often prey to psychic vampires. dont know how they sniff me out but they crop up a lot in my life

I am not sure how psychics and empaths interrelate ie if one proceeds the other....But I do believe that being empathic means I have some sort of psychic flashes..

ditto to psychic vampires .... nor do I understand either how empaths/clairsentients (same thing) equate to psychism, but one of the reasons that I don't read for people is that, having been a social worker, psychologist and healer etc for years, I can no longer handle living in other's auric messes. I figure mine is troublesome enough without actively seeking out needy people, which you do if you choice to read for people for a living.

And yep, they do sniff us out.

mythos again:)

StarUpInTheSky

I'm not or at least I dont think I am, but my mother is. She's always having dreams that come true.
~*Mel*~

fairyhedgehog

I don't believe in the supernatural/paranormal so I have to say, "no, I'm not psychic". But even if I suspend disbelief and accept that psychicness exists, then I still think I am not psychic. I have never seen dead people, never had a premonition, no deja vu, no dreams come true.

My maternal grandmother was psychic, or believed she was. She could read people's hands - she would tell you what the lines meant, but it was holding the hand that gave her the connection. She always called Prince Charles 'the man who will never be king' and we will have to wait and see for that one! (Not that she ever held his hand, in case I was confusing you there!)

My mother has seen a ghost - I think more than once. But she blocks all these kind of phenomena as it doesn't accord with my late father's beliefs.

I'm not sure if I'm even intuitive. I've got a certain level of empathy (needed for my profession!) and I see myself as creative and even imaginative. But I don't seem to have access to knowledge that I haven't learnt in the normal way.

psychic sue

Everyone has the ability. When you walk into a room where two people have been arguing you can sense the atmosphere - that's all psychic ability is - it's just that if you work on it, you can expand it. Some people are naturally more able that others, just as some people are natural artists or mathematicians, but it doesn't mean you can't learn to do it - if you really want to of course.

In my experience just saying "I am not psychic" is often a barrier to expanding on it.

Rabbit

I did not vote.

I do not know what to call it. I have an intuition at certain times. Is that psychic? I do not know. I cannot "call it up" when I would need it. It just happens when it does.

ahimsa666

psychic sue said:
Everyone has the ability. When you walk into a room where two people have been arguing you can sense the atmosphere - that's all psychic ability is - it's just that if you work on it, you can expand it. Some people are naturally more able that others, just as some people are natural artists or mathematicians, but it doesn't mean you can't learn to do it - if you really want to of course.

In my experience just saying "I am not psychic" is often a barrier to expanding on it.

It's rue.My brother was told he had warm hands and that he could heal people with them.But he has never done anything about it.Besides,he had a very strange experience on the night of my grandfather's death.Although,he wishes he could move object with the power of his mind :D-lazybones!-he tells me I'm crazy and when I'm on AT he says-Oh,you're reading about the ghosts again :D But I know a few more people,more sceptical than my brother-and,funnily enough,they do have such abilities-I have 2 friends who could be mediums(one is for sure as the other medium confirmed it one day),a friend with precognitive dreams,my aunt who often knows from her dreams what's happening-they all say they don't believe in "ghosts" :) This "medium" friend is more scared of such things,han not believe in them-she wasn't lucky enough to find AT :)

I voted that I am psychic.I have dreams that tell me what will happen(it's not much what the dream is about,it's more the certainty I have after waking up).I have extreme problems with sleeping in my room-you don't want to know why! I've noticed how my intution and kind of a telepathy developed lately.Also some very strange things happened to me a few times in my life-some in the last few days.I started seeing my aura-but only with an effort on my part(But a few months ago I could stare at my hands for ages and I wouldn't see a thing.)

Love,Kamila

firecatpickles

I voted "No," although I do believe that everyone is psychic on a certain level.

I think this question is more along the lines of, "Are you a psychic," like one of those people on TV who help the cops. I am definitely not one of those, so I voted, "No."

K:spade:K

SaMoon912

I have some clairvoyant/clairsentient and clairaudient abilities but I don't consider myself psychic because the term sounds phony now and days because of charlatans that rip people off. Also I am just learning about these abilities and learning how to develop them even more so I selected Other.

napaea

i am.
i didn't know for the longest time, though.
all through childhood i didn't know i was, but i knew stuff. i knew when people were sick, i knew when people shouldn't do something for one reason or another, lots of little things, but i didn't understand what was going on or why i knew stuff.

eventually, i read a book about psychics and i had so many things in common with this particular study group, and fit the "criteria" or whatever. and since i realized what it was that was going on with me, it has been much easier on me mentally, but i'm also learning how to tap into it all a little better.

still so much to learn though.
i totally relate to the show Medium though, i work alot like she does, although i don't SEE ghosts very often. usually only when i'm sleepy

Alissa

napaea, it is good to see you here... I've never forgotten the past life reading you did for me, shortly after I first joined, nearly 4 years ago. I'd say you're quite psychic indeed. :)