Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 78 44.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.1%

• Total voters

TenOfSwords

Certainly not....

Purposefully focusing on "infinitely far away" and avoiding looking directly at people when in a public area to stop from picking up what everybody you're looking at is feeling (usually translates directly to what they're thinking) is just normal everyday defensive behaviour for a super empath... Nothing psychic about that. lol

In all seriousness, I voted "not sure" even though experience tells me that all people that come closer to me than the purely superficial level at some point will bring up the fact that I'm aware of what they're feeling, even when they're trying not to show or don't know it themselves, and usually know what they're going to say 10 seconds before they say it.

I have no idea if it's a psychic ability in the sense of it being extra-sensory perception or if it's my "normal" senses working overdrive... and it doesn't really matter, it's just the way my world works, it's just something that is.

I do see meaning weaving it's way through the entire universe and manifesting itself as events and things happening that belongs to bigger patterns and stories and purposes, but to me that's just "normal" operation of the world... the fact that I'm seeing it and sensing it doesn't feel like I'm part of or seeing anything that others wouldn't be able to see if they looked for it. There's nothing hidden about it to me.

psychic sue

TenOfSwords said:
Certainly not....

I do see meaning weaving it's way through the entire universe and manifesting itself as events and things happening that belongs to bigger patterns and stories and purposes, but to me that's just "normal" operation of the world... the fact that I'm seeing it and sensing it doesn't feel like I'm part of or seeing anything that others wouldn't be able to see if they looked for it. There's nothing hidden about it to me.

I agree - it's just something we (particularly in the west) have "forgotten" to use.

star-lover

big question

i am psychic whatever that mean - i know certain things about others, i can see through them quickly and situations

but its dribs and drabs and sometimes spot on and other times wishy washy
im not pyschic all the time
thank god lol
its tiring

TenOfSwords

psychic sue said:
I agree - it's just something we (particularly in the west) have "forgotten" to use.

Sadly enough, I think it's getting worse. People seem to be getting a more and more mechanical view of the world.

Red Emma

Psychic survey

crazy raven said:
There is a truth that pulses and ripples through the universe and when we are 'still' focussed and aware, this truth whispers through the centuries, straight at us.

This is one of the smartest, poetic, and most lyrical comments I've ever seen on this subject. It's just right to see after having just watched Public Broadcasting's program on "String Theory."

Blessings,

Red Emma

Red Emma

Psychic survey

TenOfSwords said:
Sadly enough, I think it's getting worse. People seem to be getting a more and more mechanical view of the world.

I wonder if one feels this way according to the environment/collections of people one sees the most of. Here on the NW coast of the USA, it seems that perceptions are changing to the extent that our local newspaper can carry articles which treat Pagan/Wiccan organizations as a serious religion. Which feels very good indeed.

Blessings,

Emma

Indigo Rose

Indigo Rose said:
However, I truly believe we are ALL psychic.
I believe those who are open to their gifts and to all the possibilities, are the ones who find the most treasures.

I am posting this to say that I STILL feel this way...now more than ever. The past few months I have had some experiences that have both challenged me, and grown me up in many areas of life...especially in the nature of my psyche. I am a baby in my understanding and practice of many things relating to this...but in other ways I've always been using the intuitive gifts...just instinctively; not really knowing how or why. Giving myself the truth and being open is helping. I have MILES to go, and I'm working now at releasing old programming...negative cultural teachings which have kept me from developing my psyche; but that is all a part of the journey...so I welcome the challenges and commit to continuing to work through them.

There are many psychics here on AT...many empathic and caring people who have helped me see things in a different light.(Catlin, Elven, Lark, Netzach, Mingbop, Psychic Sue, Simone,...and many more). Thank you to all here who have been teaching and encouraging me along the way. Thank you for sharing with AT so openly about your journey...it really helps!!!

Keep an open mind and heart. I agree with Psychic Sue that by saying, "I'm not psychic" we can create a barrier to further development....I've done it...and it is a terrible waste. To those questioning or struggling with this topic, I urge you not to write it all off or negative self-talk. Love and nurture all your gifts and watch them grow. :)

Peace
:heart:

TenOfSwords

Red Emma said:
I wonder if one feels this way according to the environment/collections of people one sees the most of.

I think that's very much the case... It sounds like your environment is a lot more open than the place I live.

There's a definate defensive attitude here where people close their vision towards themselves and their rights and their needs and reject the broader view of things... place everything in welldefined (mine/yours) and easily controllable boxes mentally and move away from things that has a larger scope or more abstract values.

There's of course a counter reaction to it, but too weak to ripple the overall surface here.

SaMoon912

Indigo Rose said:
I am posting this to say that I STILL feel this way...now more than ever. The past few months I have had some experiences that have both challenged me, and grown me up in many areas of life...especially in the nature of my psyche. I am a baby in my understanding and practice of many things relating to this...but in other ways I've always been using the intuitive gifts...just instinctively; not really knowing how or why. Giving myself the truth and being open is helping. I have MILES to go, and I'm working now at releasing old programming...negative cultural teachings which have kept me from developing my psyche; but that is all a part of the journey...so I welcome the challenges and commit to continuing to work through them.

There are many psychics here on AT...many empathic and caring people who have helped me see things in a different light.(Catlin, Elven, Lark, Netzach, Mingbop, Psychic Sue, Simone,...and many more). Thank you to all here who have been teaching and encouraging me along the way. Thank you for sharing with AT so openly about your journey...it really helps!!!

Keep an open mind and heart. I agree with Psychic Sue that by saying, "I'm not psychic" we can create a barrier to further development....I've done it...and it is a terrible waste. To those questioning or struggling with this topic, I urge you not to write it all off or negative self-talk. Love and nurture all your gifts and watch them grow. :)

Peace
:heart:

Indigo, your story is really inspiring to me :) I've never realized how much damage I've done to my abilities with all the negative self-talk. I definitley will be taking your advice on loving and nurturing my gifts and I can't wait to watch them grow even more :)

Don't mean to waste bandwith, just had to post my input that Indigo's post just really spoke to me :)

Agathe

I don't think I am. I feel many things. I can predict what will happen to me by what I dreamt about, I have a very strong intuition but I do not consider myself psychic. To be comfortable to say I am, I would have to work on that for quite a long time.