Tarot in the Land of Mystereum anyone?

Le Fanu

I always go straight to the Moon (which I have already seen elsewhere) then The Emperor and the 8 of Wands.

But I'd click on anything....

Mystereum

:-d

Depraved is good, and as well are other things. ;-D

And, here is the ironic etymology and funnily ironic current history of seeing scans of the original Mystereum Tarot, nudity intact. Visit www.jordanhoggard.com All of the images currently on the site are from the 1st Edition Mystereum Tarot. Soon, I will have time to dumb down the file sizes, oops optimize the images ;-D, and upload and replace them to my site. Once I do, the original Mystereum Tarot images will live only in the 125 decks that I produced. That will be happening soon, and fyi I will not be making a reference library online of the originals as things will be what they are. When I evolve, I do not consider two of me. So, in the interim, enjoy the 1st Edition images at www.jordanhoggard.com or www JordanHoggard.com .

The Moon card image missing IS a website glitch. . .a function of my getting into the swing of website editing, and I still do not know why it disappears on the live site. The image is present on my Facebook page, and I do not know how to feature an image here in a post or I would gladly present it.

OctoberGwen

Manda said:
I'd let my kids use the deck with the original bits showing, but I feel really strongly that I'd rather they saw tits than bloody violence (bit of an off rant about what is censored on tv).

Good for you! I'm actually of the same mind. :)

And who could object to that Star? So lovely...

Le Fanu

Tell me, how many cards have been changed? I love what I see on the slideshow, I really love the look of the 1st edition deck and wonder how radical the kiddifying is...

Mystereum

Scan away, but. . .

'Manda,

Scan away at will. But, know that all anyone needs do is visit www.jordanhoggard.com . All of the images there are 1st Edition until I have the time and mental real estate to switch them out for the new ones. If you would not mind scanning The Moon, that would be great!,. . .as I do not know how to include an image in an Aeclectic post.

I might add that the new 192-page Imagination Primer book is all about each card literally speaking their voice. Each and every card speaks in the 1st person in the 2nd chapter of each card. The Imagination Primer is all about further enhancing and developing imagination utilizing Tarot as a catalyst and tool. I feel that imagination has a 4-charactered voice composed of idea, creativity, and intuition where the 4th character is the silence or simply the space between the 3 that brings them into relationship. It is in this regard that I am further developmentally evolving The Land of Mystereum to take it further into what I am calling "Actionable Imagination." I am putting together the 1st Actionable Imagination class as we speak. More on that soon. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I will gladly keep the opportunity in front of you.

OctoberGwen

Mystereum said:
Hi All!...I thought it important to step up. Please keep and enhance your view, while forgetting the censorship hullaballoo. May be important elsewhere, but here is my disclaimer. . .No visual metaphors were harmed in the making of the 2008 release of "The Mystereum Tarot"

LOL!

Thank you for clarifying the matter, Mystereum. I love it when the artist joins in and I appreciate knowing your position on this.

Mystereum

"Tell me, how many cards have been changed? I love what I see on the slideshow, I really love the look of the 1st edition deck and wonder how radical the kiddifying is..."

All cards have been changed in regards to the border. The card back is similar, yet a new and different version. The original card back is at the bottom of the www.jordanhoggard.com Home page as the Cafe Press link-image to the gift shop. The Aeclectic scans have the new card back. I would say between 10 to 12 images have had the kiddification, the nudity designed out. And, as an architect, I held my images to the same standard, nudity or no. Frankly, it was as well a simply method to thematically make one component of a sweeping change. . .moving from The Mystereum Tarot to Tarot in the Land of Mystereum where each person's imagination is held as THE supreme reason for the new deck. The Land of Mystereum is all about actionably recognizing your inner inheritances, the gifts you in particular were born with, and focusing the wonderfully special way you were born to see like no other.

Le Fanu

I think I shall order this deck and, if the 1st edition scans are still up, I can compare and contrast with them in front of me. I'm curious to know which ones have had the nudity changed. I'd assumed the Hanged Man was one but I see the 1st edition has him clothed.

Are the 2nd ed. cards the same size as the 1st edition, and would you say the cardstock is similar?

Manda

Tarot in the Land of Mystereum scans

Here is the Schiffer version of the Eight of Wands, Emperor, and the Moon.

The Schiffer version is larger than the one Jordan self published, which is, I believe, playing card size, lightly varnished type lamination, and called Mystereum Tarot. Having just combined houses with The Man, by which I mean I gave up mine and he kept his, many of my decks are in storage at the moment. The Schiffer cards are large, glossy, but not plasticky ala US Games Italian muck, and the whole shebang comes in a lovely sturdy box like Sol Invictus and Twilight Realm, also by Schiffer (ps- why didn't they do Emily's deck that way too?).

Attachments

• Mystereum trio.jpg
    Mystereum trio.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 116

Mystereum

Le Fanu, The images will be up on my site for a bit of a bit. Once you receive your Tarot in the Land of Mystereum, let me know your thoughts on the diff between the nudes and no. Also, the MOST naturalized card, evolving to be more grown than the rest from a metaphorical naturalization in a garden perspective is The 9 of Pentacles. Appropriate it feels. 9 of Pentacles living the Queen of Pentacles naturalized garden albeit on a smaller scake kinda thing. And, there are others. I have not yet put together a list of which cards were evolved. I am enjoying putting together a list of the recurring characters throughout the deck, the Majors informing and visiting the Minors, certain Minors bootlegging themselves across borders into other cards kinds thing. And, some characters move more frely than others throughout the deck. . .no spoilers here, though. ;-D I feel that is part of the fun of the Mystereum journey.

Thanks for posting the trio, 'Manda!