Tarot in the Land of Mystereum anyone?

Mystereum

OctoberGwen said:
LOL!

Thank you for clarifying the matter, Mystereum. I love it when the artist joins in and I appreciate knowing your position on this.

:-D. My pleasure! Full-on diggin' n laughin' that thinking about your comment I wrote a disclaimer. Do not know if I have ever seen a disclaimer indicating that basically no images were harmed in the making of. . . ;-D

gregory

I am one of 124 lucky people ???? WOW - and it was cheap, too ! I didn't even realise it was a limited edition; I just - WANTED it !

And I already have the 2nd ed winging its way to me. I was simply fascinated to get a proper book as well !

Le Fanu

Still going backwards and forwards on this deck... Something attracts me...I shall not post in either enabling or de-enabling.

I want objective truth, please someone tell me whether I need this deck. I'd rather not be a Schiffer completionist as their decks are rather expensive...

But I think I might like it. Or maybe not...

Chiriku

Still going backwards and forwards on this deck... Something attracts me...I shall not post in either enabling or de-enabling.

I want objective truth, please someone tell me whether I need this deck. I'd rather not be a Schiffer completionist as their decks are rather expensive...

But I think I might like it. Or maybe not...

Did you ever buy this?

Le Fanu

Did you ever buy this?
No, but I still think of this deck day and night :D

Nobody has ever come forth and given me the information I need. Plus I'm running out of space in my house/deck depository and those Schiffer boxes are actually worse than Llewellyn as they don't even fit on the shelf like books. I really, really want to know more about this deck.

So no, still haven't bought it. Have you? Has anyone?

*echo*

rwcarter

Nobody has ever come forth and given me the information I need. Plus I'm running out of space in my house/deck depository and those Schiffer boxes are actually worse than Llewellyn as they don't even fit on the shelf like books. I really, really want to know more about this deck.

I have. If I have time today, I'll have to go back through this thread to see what the questions are and if I can answer them.

Rodney

Le Fanu

I have. If I have time today, I'll have to go back through this thread to see what the questions are and if I can answer them.

Rodney
Oh don't look too hard, the question was, "is it any good?" :D

Chiriku

No, but I still think of this deck day and night :D

I certainly have not. As you point out, the Schiffer storage (and for me, pricing) scenarios make me less than keen. I read with interest the creator's contributions to this thread explaining why the deck was "made decent," so to speak. Although I'd rather have the original form of the deck, I understand his reasoning and find no fault with it.

The art style is the type that curiously sometimes attracts me, despite my fatal penchant for the beautiful. Sometimes, un-beautiful art will draw me like a lodestone if it has a few essential elements: vivid colors, clean lines, extreme stylization. This one has it.

Someone compared this to the Navigators. While I certainly cannot class the artwork together, I could see how the same person who finds pleasure in Navigators (i.e. me) could also find something of interest here.

Aerin

Oh don't look too hard, the question was, "is it any good?" :D

I think it is a very "thought through" deck and would probably make good study group material. It isn't enough "me" to make the effort though. The deck and book didn't grab me and make me want to put the work in.

That in no way means it isn't a good deck though. There are a lot of details that I can see would intrigue given time e.g. the way card elements echo through the deck, the use of space and so-on. Have you ever seen the TV program "Grand Designs"? It reminds me of that.

rwcarter

Someone compared this to the Navigators. While I certainly cannot class the artwork together, I could see how the same person who finds pleasure in Navigators (i.e. me) could also find something of interest here.
That would certainly tug at Mr. Le Fanu's heartstrings! }) Just glancing casually at the cards on the cover of the box (the box was laying perpendicular to me), I could easily see the people of the Mystereum inhabiting the same universe as the people of the Navigators.... I prob won't have time to do a true comparison between the two decks until this weekend though.

Rodney