The Transparent Tarot is HERE!!!

rwcarter

Let There Be Light!

Em writes the following in the TT Companion Book:

Em said:
Those who use the cards a lot may even wish to invest in a light box, which are available from some art and craft stores, and will really illuminate your cards!

One good thing about having an artist for a partner, we already have one! I just took the top 20 cards off my deck and laid them against the white cloth. I can make out about 8 of the cards (and interestingly enough, not the top 8 cards). I put the stack on the light box and I can make out 17 of them. 3 of them (again, interestingly enough not the bottom 3, but 3 of the last 4) are truly hidden behind all the other images. Even when I know what to look for I don't see those images.

And the light box definitely adds a 3D feel to the cards. Both to the 20 card jumbled image (JI) and even a 3 card composite image (CI). The light box we have is big enough that it will illuminate 2 rows by 5 columns of cards.

Considering that it's been hidden away for 3 years (I knew where it was, but the partner didn't), he didn't have any problem with me using it for the foreseeable future. He may never get to use it again.... }) }) })

Rodney

Cerulean

Ah the perfect tarot marriage for the analytical tarotist

...this is great.

As I have the perfect tarot title to hypno-tarotize someone who asks me how can 78 pictures be so fascinating.

Evil laughter and much air-washing of hands,

~likely-going-mad-as-we-wait-in-the-wings~

Cerulean

P.S. Sounds like I'm looking at a second after I get my hands on a first (sometime this week the online ordering tracking says...

All Is One

My Cards Were Crying Out For....Something

rwcarter said:
Em writes the following in the TT Companion Book:

One good thing about having an artist for a partner, we already have one! I just took the top 20 cards off my deck and laid them against the white cloth. I can make out about 8 of the cards (and interestingly enough, not the top 8 cards). I put the stack on the light box and I can make out 17 of them. 3 of them (again, interestingly enough not the bottom 3, but 3 of the last 4) are truly hidden behind all the other images. Even when I know what to look for I don't see those images.

And the light box definitely adds a 3D feel to the cards. Both to the 20 card jumbled image (JI) and even a 3 card composite image (CI). The light box we have is big enough that it will illuminate 2 rows by 5 columns of cards.

Considering that it's been hidden away for 3 years (I knew where it was, but the partner didn't), he didn't have any problem with me using it for the foreseeable future. He may never get to use it again.... }) }) })

Rodney

And I've been sitting here like a Fool, holding up the CIs to the computer screen in a dark room going "ooohhhh, that's better..."

A light box is definitely what these cards are screaming out for right now. I knew their little voices were calling out to me, but it was just a cacophony of sound. Couldn't make out what they were yelling about. I sort of thought they were just happy to finally be here.....

No. They are screaming for a light box. Not sure if I'll get one, but I'll look around. Thanks for clearing up that particular mystery for me, Rodney. Now I know who to talk to when they start up the screaming again ;~)

Quester

All Is One said:
A light box is definitely what these cards are screaming out for right now. I knew their little voices were calling out to me, but it was just a cacophony of sound. Couldn't make out what they were yelling about. I sort of thought they were just happy to finally be here.....

No. They are screaming for a light box. Not sure if I'll get one, but I'll look around. Thanks for clearing up that particular mystery for me, Rodney. Now I know who to talk to when they start up the screaming again ;~)

They are chatterboxes aren't they....I LOVE it!!!

Lavandula

It's here, it's here, it's here!!! But ....

My copy FINALLY arrived!!

It has been a bleak old time in this house of late. My husband and I are both jobless thanks to the economic crisis we're in the midst of, and we can't see that changing in the foreseeable future (certainly not before Christmas/New Year at the very least), and not to mention caring for Little Miss 1y-o because childcare is totally out of the question. Money is too tight to mention, and starting to become a serious issue. This past week I have been lower than low .... and today my package from Amazon arrived!

I pre-ordered it wayyyy back in July before our current financial situation sprouted, so it is definitely something I could not have dreamed of owning otherwise. In fact, I have to admit (sorry Emily) that it occurred to me when I opened the box that perhaps I would be better placed to just turn the thing around and post it on eBay to bring in some cash.

But I just can't. I adored it on first sight here at AT, and I just need something right now. This little treasure is MINE.

And here's the big "BUT" ... I have wound up with a screwy copy. I know this happens with any deck - duplicate cards etc etc - but it turns out my Tower just continues to crumble. I'm missing the King of Wands, I have 2 Aces of Cups, my 3 and 4 of Cups are cut way out of line, and the print is smeared on the Ace and 5 of Pentacles.

So it's long winded, but I do want to say Emily, I love this deck. It is just SO original and innovative, and bless you a billion times for coming up with and sharing such an amazing deck with the tarot world. I'm going to email Schiffer and see what can be done about the missing card if nothing else. I just wanted to add my POSITIVE feedback to this thread before I went any further.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the Study Group before much longer (I hope).

:OL

Dusk Till Dawn

We'll I got tired of waiting on Amazon, so I cancelled my order ( they don't even have a shipping date yet..), and I am getting it from England..Instead of 50 Euros I am now paying 70 Euros for it..Should have stayed in the states I guess. Anyway I can't wait to finally get it!!!It should be here by next week I hope.

Sidhe-Ra

Oo, try this!

Lavendula, I am so sorry to hear that you got a duff copy :(. If they don't reply to your email, don't be afraid to call them!

I am so enjoying reading all your different posts, everyone, I can't begin to express what a joy it is! The joy of this deck as it's creator is seeing it spread its wings in your hands and fly :). And of course, I am still exploring its potential myself. thank you Rodney for starting the Daily draws thread, i'm enjoying readin it, and will start to participate soon.

Today I noticed I had my Sidhe Tarot next to me as I was playing with the T.T so i thought I would try a couple of Transparent cards over one of the Sidhe- and it works! It's weird but it works. i've tried a few different decks just now and even the busy ones work. it's different, obviously, quite subtle, but it's a new thing to try...(I wonder if I could interbreed them...mwahahahaa!)

Em xx

rwcarter

Em,

Love your new avatar! Looks like the World, The Ace Cups and the High Priestess?

Got a response from Sulis about the Study Group, so I'll get that started tonight when I get home.

Rodney

IndigoWonders

Such a beautiful deck. You can see so much creativity went in to making it!

Sidhe-Ra

rwcarter said:
Em,

Love your new avatar! Looks like the World, The Ace Cups and the High Priestess?

Got a response from Sulis about the Study Group, so I'll get that started tonight when I get home.

Rodney

Yup, that's it- thanks! looking forward to joining in the study group and learning from you all!

Indigowonders- thank you so much! :)

Anyone who fancies a quick laugh, has the deck, (and a rude sense of humour), have a look at what happens when you combine the Six and Seven of Wands...ooooops.

Em xxx