Project: Scrying For Beginners I

fantasymoon

a sort of power ball

This is how I would do it in one occasion..
Imagining while writing..

My head and mind is focusing on the task at hand. all of the sences like hearing, sigth is focused in the task. My hole head feels a little strange at the time.
During this building to be able to complete the task I also build a energi feeling around my heart. Somewhere between my heart and my stomach. (I belive it is one chackra or something like that) I seperate the two feelings, the one in my mind is souly friendly and the one around my stomach is hard, mean, powerful and ready to be kicked out at any time. The stomach feeling is souly in warning use and is to be as scary as possible. The energi that built it is to be the aktiv force. That sort of kick it will create when released will both shake the one intruding and work as a back upp to the scary image it is suposed to reflect.

So I am now beeing conntacted by someone or something that I get a negativ feeling of and I feel the need to protect myself.
I will then cut my mind loose of the object in the exact moment I pusch with force the mean energi ball in direct angle to the object. When the sort of ball has passed through my protection orbit and made a hit with the object. I will then close upp my "window" and go to hiding. When feeling secure I can go out to take a sneak look.. Damage control.

But this is a very radical action. This is what I do when being really spooked. If faced with something I feel I can't handle. If done it can push away really hard and if used wrong, you might miss out on something actually good. Most of the time when I feel just uncertain..

I just close up the window a little.. sort of dim it out. and put a little piece of the negative energi on it.. to act as a warning. And my mind backs of a little. (This in my mind looks like me in a bouble.. and me going closer and farther the window.)

Now I have lost the thougth.. Please ask if anything is unclear or something like that. I did my best at this moment.

westsidegirlygirl

That makes sense. I think the important thing is the conscious control of the energy, and I can meditate on that.

fantasymoon

still watching

I just wanna make a notice of that I am still here.
I will not stop watching the thread in the near future. So if anything at all comes up I will be here to see it. I know that some of you have stuff to do your process, this developing thing is not something that goes away in a week. And at anytime one can feel the need to get some response, insight or advice etc.

FantasyMoon

Crowqueen

Fantasymoon - did you get back with your husband? Sounds a fantastic story!

fantasymoon

Crowqueen said:
Fantasymoon - did you get back with your husband? Sounds a fantastic story!

Oh yes I surtenly did! :D And everything went according to the time schedule to. The correct amount of time had past, and I hade recived the devoloping state that was requierd. That two aspect had I been told for years before was my way of knowing when the time for us to rejoin was up. However I had to discover him before beeing able to make the connections. I did know at the time that I had done the selfrepair that I needed, I did not know if I hade accivied that particular limit of selfrepair dho. So the discovery of him was in deed a suprise. :D (Wich also was a part of the schedule) Not to forgett the explosion of feelings, replayed times in my mind.. the whole spiritual connection in a big bang was amazing.

In deed I have found him, we are married and are expecting our second child now. Wich is suppose to be our daughter. Wich we also have been waiting for a long long time. Times before our rejoinment.

Crowqueen

Fantasymoon - you have given me hope for my own divinations!

Give my love and blessings to your unborn child.

fantasymoon

Crowqueen said:
Fantasymoon - you have given me hope for my own divinations!

Give my love and blessings to your unborn child.

Oh good, that is excellent!That was the hole idea of sharing a story, to inspire, give trust and maby hope. In both love and divinations. :)
I will give her your blessings. Both now and when she comes.

shelikes2read

This thread brings back memories of things I haven't thought of in a long time. I know I posted a few eons ago, in a "how did you get started with Tarot" sort of thread, that I was 14 years old, as were the friends whose Tarot deck fascinated me so much I got one of my own.

There were five of us who were the most actively interested, not only in Tarot cards, but in all things "paranormal" (I'm not sure if that's still a word in common use these days). This was in the late 70s, when bookstores still labelled the topic of psychic phenomena as "Occult", and the phrase "New Age" was as yet unheard of.

We were 14 and it never entered any of our heads that we wouldn't be able to do the things in the "how to develop your psychic ability" books. So we just followed the instructions and... DID it. Zener cards? We didn't know where to buy them, so we made our own and did tests by the dozen. Predicting dice rolls? We filled lots of looseleaf pages with those test results, too.

Included in the books was the process for what was referred to in this thread as "eyelid scrying". BRILLIANT phrase. :) Because it's exactly what's going on. We learned how to sit or lie down with eyes closed (be careful not to doze off if you're lying down), relax, clear the mind, and try to see... whatever. It was little experiments like trying to see what color a person would be wearing when we met them later, or getting a "look" at a place that we'd never visited before, but were going there soon... a restaurant, a person's living room, whatever. Or maybe a peek at what else would be going on in a place, familiar or otherwise, when we went there later (such as, "What else will be going on in the park when we arrive?") It was all little tiny stuff that was interesting, easy to verify, and not earth-shattering or emotionally charged so it was fun to do.

Oh, or we'd do things like this... some of us would go into a particular room, out of sight of the others, and sit in a particular way (someone on the sofa, someone on the floor, etc). Sometimes they'd add in little activities like fidgeting with a keychain or whatever. The others would have to eyelid scry, remote view, or whatever jargon you prefer since the end result was the same, and get an idea of who was where and what was going on. After a few minutes, the view-ees would write down who sat where and what they were actually doing, the view-ers would complete the job and write down THEIR impressions, and we'd compare notes.

We did this particular experiment many times before any of us ever found ourselves in the same room with a crystal ball. One friend discovered that her mom had a crystal ball that'd been given to her as a gift by a family friend, more as ornamentation as anything else. So the friend showed it to us and we took turns practicing with it... and lo and behold, the mental "process" was just the same as the eyelid-scrying. Only the physical mechanics were different... instead of sitting or lying down with CLOSED eyes, we were sitting with eyes open and looking at the ball. Either method was good for occupying the physical eyes with something non-distracting so that the non-physical "eyes" could work unimpeded.

The best thing was, since we learned the process WITHOUT using any implements first, just using closed eyes, we all knew that the "sight" was coming from US, not the thing we were using to scry. The crystal ball was something very pretty to look at, but it wasn't the reason we saw anything we saw. The ability is in the PERSON, not the object being used.

And though we tried to keep the light low and the noise levels down when we did these things, that was more to minimize distraction than an attempt to follow or create any form of ritual. Candles? No. Regardless of whose house were were gathering in, our parents would've thought we were nuts if we'd asked for candles. Avoid sunlight? impossible... curfew in Philadelphia was, and still is, 10:30 PM on weeknights, and we were all under 18. So we had to be DONE with whatever we were doing and on our way home by about 10 PM, in order to get home by 10:30. We did what we could, when we could schedule it around school and homework, regardless of what time of day it was. Don't let others touch the object? Not when you were us, sharing one crystal ball among several people.

And as for scrying into various kinds of objects... I've seen people ask on this thread "Can I use this" or "should I use that". I'm here to tell you that you can use just about anything you please to use, and it'll work. Use a crystal ball (made of any material you like -- quartz, glass, whatever). Use the back of a teaspoon, or the surface of water, or a mirror, or the stone in a ring, or your closed eyes. It's all one and the same. Unless you're a klutz like me, in which case you probably want to avoid ink, since it spills. My significator should be The Queen of Spills. ;) But I digress.

The process involves getting yourself relaxed, getting your mind cleared of distracting thoughts, and either reducing external distractions or learning to tune them out (a la the people who do readings in a mall) enough to set aside the input of the five senses and focus on what's coming in on the rest of the senses. And the process involves using talent that resides in YOU, not in the thing you're using for scrying. So the only requirement for the scrying object is that it has to resonate with YOU in some way, whether or not anyone else would even give it a second look.

Incidentally, I find it interesting to read what other people experience when they scry. I never see images in the thing I'm using (most likely a crystal ball these days, but when I was a kid I had a clear glass marble I used to carry around in a little black cloth pouch. I still have it.) I distract my eyes with the object I'm looking at, and see any images that arise "in my head". That's the same place I used to see the images when I was eyelid scrying (I love that phrase). And others here might HEAR things rather than see them, or see things in the crystal or in the mirror... fascinating. I love finding out how different people's minds work differently, even when we all arrive at a similar result.

Well, there's a long-winded contribution from me. I hope I made sense. And I hope I could make the topic as un-intimidating as possible. It shouldn't be intimidating and nerve-wracking. It should be interesting and fun.

So, speaking of interesting and fun, it occurs to me that the same little things that we used to use as experiments, could be used by anyone here in this thread. Try a "what color will ___ be wearing" test yourself, or a "what will the room look like" test. Or arrange with a fellow poster a time to "view" them, describe what you saw, and have the person jot down what they were doing and what the room looked like at that set time. Then compare notes.

Oh, and have fun. That's the most important thing. :)