"story cubes" readings

IheartTarot

MantraTarot said:
what on earth is a Learner Driver Badge?

You stick it in your rear car window when you are learning to drive to warn other motorists to give you some slack and keep their distance a bit more than usual. Driving schools have them in their cars.

scorpiogirl

If you still available I would like to ask something?
Does he regret those words he said to me before when we last spoke?

EyeAmEye

Story cubes? Next thing you'll be throwing scrabble pieces up in the air and reading those...

Go ahead, give me a story with your cubes. Give me a surprise for 2011.

zannamarie

IheartTarot said:
Drum roll please...

I got a reply from the creator Rory O'Connor:

"We are always reluctant to say what the images on the cubes represent. We like that there is some uncertainty involved. As for your sugestions, it's all of those things! It might also be a ticket, license or ID card. The meaning will change depending on who is using the cubes at that moment.

I hope that this is an acceptable answer.

p.s. if you REALLY must know, I will tell you what I was thinking when I drew it. ;)"

I REALLY needed to know :rolleyes: :

"Oh, ok then. ;)

It was meant to be a credit card. But I left it generic enough to mean other things, as you have discovered."

Well done zm! :cool5:
Driver's license or ID card also crossed my mind (and I pullet them out of my purse to check ;) ), but it seemed like it had two photos or images on it so I didn't put that as a guess.

IheartTarot said:
You stick it in your rear car window when you are learning to drive to warn other motorists to give you some slack and keep their distance a bit more than usual. Driving schools have them in their cars.
In the US the driving schools put yellow signs across the entire bumper of the car that state "Student Driver". The Learner's badge sounds more subtle. :D

- - - - - - - - -

I think I've posted enough in this thread that if you're still doing these, I'll ask for a reading. What do I need to know about the next 4-6 weeks?

MantraTarot

BelovedK said:
Funny, I guess time will tell.

I am absolutely baffled as to whether it is now or not (and neurotic LOL) If you are still around, could you ask it WTF? why am I so late if not preggers?

sure thing. sorry i'm so late in getting back to these. hope you are okay now and already know the answer, but if not, here we go:

crescent moon / padlock

the moon represents cycles, but this moon is a crescent moon, and combined with the lock, i think it's saying that something is "stuck" in your cycle/hormones and it's changing, but it's "stuck" so nothing has happened yet because something is holding the menstruation up. i don't think it means pregnant... although, that could mean pregnancy if it is holing up your cycle... i really didn't feel baby here... just felt that it's "stopped" but for other reasons. could be something as simple as stress, and worrying about it more is just going to make it still longer i would think.

MantraTarot

bjmeacham said:
I saw those story cubes too at my local Barnes & Noble and wonder if I could do divination too, just like you're doing now! I saw they are coming out with an extension for verbs now also. I think I'm going to go back there and pick up the pack I saw :) Even if they don't work for me as a divination tool, they would be a great game, especially to use with kids!

I have a question if you are still doing readings...Is there any future between me & B? If so, what will be the nature of it? Thanks for any insight you can give me....

there's that credit card thing again!

credit card / smiley face

i think there will be a future between the two of you as indicated by the smiley face, and the nature of it lies in the definition of the credit card. credit cards make me think of "limits", so i think things will be plentiful and carefree and fulfilling your wishes of the relationship in the beginning stages, but just be careful to invest some time into making the relationship more than just fun times, b/c once you reach the limit of spending, it'll be time for some hard work and really examining the ins-and-outs of what makes a romantic relationship workable.

MantraTarot

IheartTarot said:
Drum roll please...

I got a reply from the creator Rory O'Connor:

"We are always reluctant to say what the images on the cubes represent. We like that there is some uncertainty involved. As for your sugestions, it's all of those things! It might also be a ticket, license or ID card. The meaning will change depending on who is using the cubes at that moment.

I hope that this is an acceptable answer.

p.s. if you REALLY must know, I will tell you what I was thinking when I drew it. ;)"

I REALLY needed to know :rolleyes: :

"Oh, ok then. ;)

It was meant to be a credit card. But I left it generic enough to mean other things, as you have discovered."

Well done zm! :cool5:

thanks so much for finding out the answer!!! you are my hero! :laugh: :)

MantraTarot

VenusRising said:
thats good. i asked Lillie & her Aliethometer about this and you confirmed the same thing. gives me confidence to go ahead thanks.

you're welcome. :) good luck with things.

MantraTarot

IheartTarot said:

thanks for clarifying that. makes sense now.

MantraTarot

scorpiogirl said:
If you still available I would like to ask something?
Does he regret those words he said to me before when we last spoke?

fire

yes, i think he does. he said them in the heat of the moment, and wishes he could take it back. it was coming from an emotional place, definitely.