The Touchstone Tarot Study Group

minrice

Hooray! We need more people as I think a lot of the members are busy with the upcoming holidays and can't post as often as I'm sure they would like! I'm about to start a new thread...on what I'm not sure. I'll come back here and post the link though.

retrokat

Not sure if I mentioned on this thread, but you can see the final Kunati versions of the cards at http://78friends.com/touchstone

I thought some of you might enjoy spotting changes that I made, some based on your feedback :)

stargazer

Hi Kat,

I like what you've done with the three of cups. :)

minrice

Oh yes, spotting the changes has been fun. I too love the three cups, and I love the changes you made to the Moon! She's holding the crab now and that's cute. I like crabs ;)

retrokat

The 3 of Cups gals at the back are a lot friendlier now, eh? Was great to be given a brief second chance to make some fixes :)

rachelcat

Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Day December 14

touchstone
\TUTCH-stohn\
noun

Meaning
1 : a test or criterion for determining the quality or genuineness of a thing
*2 : a fundamental or quintessential part or feature

Example Sentence
The band was a touchstone of the grunge music scene in the 1990s.

Did you know?
Our example sentence uses "touchstone" in its most recently acquired sense: "a fundamental part." The earlier sense, "a criterion for quality" (as in "I Love Lucy is often seen as a touchstone for comparison with today's TV comedy shows"), provides a better clue to the original meaning of "touchstone," however. The "criterion" sense, which goes back more than 470 years, alludes to a method of testing the purity of a sample of gold. The sample was rubbed on a piece of dark quartz or jasper — the "touchstone." The mark it made was compared to adjacent rubbings on the touchstone from gold of known purity. This method has proved accurate enough that touchstones are still used by jewelers today.

morticia monroe

Hey y'all!

I'm still here andf I still love the Touchstone,,the last two months have been harried, but I'll be in soon to catch up!

Dana

minrice

Ditto that! Hopefully things will let up soon and I can do more with the study group, I think I've missed a few cards already...