Which deck for a LARP?

elvenstar

Funny, the Universal Fantasy was the first that came to my mind too when I read the original post. It doesn't explicitly depict some of his darker stuff, but the feel of it has always reminded me of Moorcock worlds and it's one of the reasons I love it so much. For me it captures that brooding bitter-sweet melancholy thing and its 'swirliness' and liquidity, the sheer impossibility of some stuff, it often gives me a 'chaos' feeling.

The Ace of swords and the 3 of wands for example are pure Moorcock material imo. And that death card, if the hair was white... ;)

Your game sounds great, I love Elric :D Have fun!

Aulruna

I'm now itching to make my own Melniboné deck...

In lieu of this I would also favour the Universal Fantasy or one of Nathalie Hertz' decks, like others mentioned.

Maybe the Metaphorsis or the Tarot of Eden would work too.

Skimo

Ok, now I have received the Fantastical, the Universal Fantasy and the Archeon...

It's time to choose and it will be difficult.

I have a little crush on the Archeon since I have trimmed it and made him a bag.

I have tried to do a spread to decide. I may post it in your reading section.

But I may take the three has law/balance and chaos decks.

The Archeon is perfect for chaos, the three cards I have drawn from the Fantastical were nicely balanced and the Universal letted me know that Chaos was disappointing for him...

GryffinSong

There's no need to choose just one. Bring them all and let the querant choose. Or bring one to the first event, another to the next, and so on. Choose a deck to match your mood that day, as they're quite different. In other words, have fun with them all!!! :D